By that point, I wasn't too nervous about the C-section, I just wanted to have him out and safe. Hearing that first little wail brought tears to my eyes. He is perfect. We are both tired, but loving every minute we have with him. Nate got the privilege of the first few tar poop diapers, but once I was able to get up, I took a turn, and have gotten to change a couple of my own. The nurses here have been awesome and taken fabulous care of us all. Right now, Nate is in Daddy Heaven, watching the Home Run Derby with his little guy.
Every time I look at him, I am amazed at the power of the human body - I grew this beautiful little person inside me! I am sure there will be more pictures to come, and thanks for all the prayers, and calls and love that we have felt from everyone. For those of you who put in bets, he was 6 days late, weighed 6 lbs, 12 oz and was 20 inches long:)
14 comments:
He is just PERFECT!!! Can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations:)
Good, I was getting worried that I hadn't heard anything. He is perfect and oh so cute!!! (and 7.12?? Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!) I'm glad everyone is okay and doing well.
Oh Mer, I love him! I can't wait to meet him face to face. I am so glad that he is here and everything went well. Congrats on such a cute little boy!
Oh Mer, I love him! I can't wait to meet him face to face. I am so glad that he is here and everything went well. Congrats on such a cute little boy!
WOW, what an ordeal to get this little guy here. Things must have just been too good to leave on the other side. He looks beautiful. Congratulations!
I've been checking your blog, waiting for this post, but I'm super impressed you've actually posted already!
I'll echo everyone else's comments...Congrats and he's gorgeous. C-sections are tough, but they sure do ensure cute babies with perfect little heads.
And SIX days late...I felt bad about guessing a day overdue. You're a trooper. Enjoy this wonderful adventure.
Oh, and can't write without noting how awesome YOU look. My own hospital pics could be used for some serious blackmail, so definitely none posted online :).
He sure looks like a keeper!! I'm sorry about the long labor, but with a cutie like that it sweetens the whole deal.
Again, congrats!!
He is beautiful Meridee and Nate. I am glad that he is here safe and sound and that you are doing well. Congrats again.
Congrats to all of you! He looks just perfect and we are so happy for you!!
Meridee - I just stumbled across your posting on Mindy's blog only to find this post on your blog and this great news - CONGRATS!!
I can't even remember the last time we talked but it great to see that life is treating you well - great husband, BEAUTIFUL baby - who could ask for more!
With our girls being adopted we have made our blogs private but send me your e-mail address (bryant.castleton@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite to my blog.
Take care!
Bryant
Congratulations!!! What a perfect little baby. It is all so amazing and such a miracle, isn't it?! I'm glad all ended well, but I'm sorry for all the hardship getting to the end. You will be an incredible mom! Congrats!
Yippee he is finally here!! Congrats to you and Nate on such a handsome little man. :o) I know life will be crazy like never before, but I wouldn't complain about more posts and pics on this newest adventure. ;o) Good Job!
Mer i am so happy for you and the pictures are just beautiful! congrats and enjoy every moment!
amazing. i'm so glad he is here safe and sound ... i wish i were there to hug him too!
Post a Comment