Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Day of School . . .

Today is the first time in 12 years that I have missed the first day of school. Technically, I guess you could add up all my years as a student too, but "Mrs. Moffett" is officially shelved for awhile. With the school change Nate and I had, I don't even know what time school started this morning! I feel very distanced from it all - in a good way. My sub is taking my lesson outlines, and just running with it, so I am pretty free to not worry about it at all, which feels good.

Some personal milestones in the past few days, besides my losing one of my personas . . . I can see actual bone structure in my feet again which means that my shoe choices have multiplied! I am down 20 pounds, which sounds awesome, then I remember that I still have at least that much more to go, and am still wearing maternity pants, albeit looser ones.

Milestones for Will: he lost his umbilical cord yesterday, so tonight he gets to have his first real bath. I left him (reluctantly - but nothing personal) with Nate's mom, sister and niece yesterday for a couple of hours so I could meet with my sub. He is still sleeping like a champ in his crib - although he is a bit of a night owl, and doesn't like to go down for real until around 11 or 12. Jigsaw Forest was the first book we read together - on the first try, he was more interested in eating, but on the second try this morning, he seemed to kind of like it. Yesterday was a three outfit day - a little poop, a little pee, just good times all around!

We've had a few visitors, mostly from the ward, and all agree that he's adorable:) Despite what the pictures depict, he doesn't sleep all the time - since we've been home together without Nate, he has started having more awake time, and his blue eyes are amazing! All in all, we miss Nate when he's off at school, but he calls to check in, and so far, this mommy thing is pretty cool!






8 comments:

Jocie said...

That last picture is so cute! 20 lbs? That is awesome! (although, I'm pretty sure you sent it to me....please stop).

Jason and Kristin said...

Love the last pic. Congrats on missing the first day of school. It is a funny feeling to realize the world goes on without you. Especially when it seems like everyone should stop and be in awe of the new guy.

Amanda said...

Oh my heck Mer! Those photos are so dang cute! I have to meet this boy. I wish I was going down with your mom. I hope you have fun with her down there.

kate said...

Gotta love that quick weight loss. Too bad not all the pounds are that easy (that's a warning)...at least not when you still insist on eating dessert (that's a confession).

Being disconnected from school is definitely weird...kind of lost who I was...still am bored and lonely some days.

Photo commentary: Your boy continues to be adorable and don't think I didn't notice your fab hair. Seriously, already making such efforts? You're a pro mom, truly.

Enjoy your leave!!

farmgirl said...

Ummmm.....yes, your baby is adorable and yes, your hair is too! You are both just looking so good!

juliewesterberg said...

What better reason to miss the first day of school?

Lauri said...

I LOVE the last picture with his hands curled up around his face. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

jami v. said...

i'm finally playing blog catch-up.he is SO very cute and i can see both you and nate in him. i love that you aren't at school and just being mom. and woot-woo on the 20lb!! i'm jealous! i have a few more than that to go, but i think i've quite counting. ok. i have to go back to your post and look at little will again. he really is so very cute!!