
Right now, I love a lot of things, but I will start with what I do not love. Seeing my little boy with this giant bandage on his finger makes my heart hurt. The other day at school, he and his friend Sam were playing and Will got his pinky finger caught in a door. It necessitated a trip to the ER, and eventually a minor surgery with a plastic surgeon to repair the nail bed and essentially reattach the tip of his little finger. I'm so glad my dad was here to give Will a blessing before we went to the hospital (Nate is in Thailand with a group of school kids for the week), and to come with me and Will to the hospital, and that my mom was here to take care of Finley so I could concentrate on Will. We had to wait all afternoon at the hospital because Will had to fast for 6 hours before they could do the surgery, and he did such a great job - we just watched cartoons, and visited the giant stuffed animals in the gift shop until it was time to go. I'm grateful for Calista, and how much she loves Will - she was devastated that it happened on her watch, and called several times to make sure he was going to be okay. I'm also grateful for my friend Anne who helped my mom into a taxi so I could feed Finley. I'm grateful that everything worked out, and that Will has uncomplainingly adjusted to his temporary situation and that we were finally able to get ahold of Nate to let him know what had happened.

On to happier things - right now I love my friend Darcy for giving Finley this adorable dress, and for throwing me a baby shower and having us make flowers for cute headbands instead of playing shower games. We ventured out to church on Friday, and it went well - after a bottle during Sacrament meeting, she slept in Grandma's arms the rest of the time and my little Primary kids were happy to see me back to sing with them.

I love that Grandma and Grandpa get to meet little Finley and love on her.

I love that Grandma and Grandpa get to spend time with Will and play and read and snuggle with him too. He loves having them here - if they walk out of the room, he asks "Where's Grandma Webb?"


Before I left in the summer, I packed an extra suitcase of baby stuff that we couldn't fit in our bags for my parents to bring. By the time they were ready to come, our list of wants and needs had stretched to two suitcases, and they were full of all kinds of good American stuff like goldfish crackers for Will (we can get them here, but they are $5 a bag, so Aunt Heather scored a buy two get one free deal and stocked us up), frosted mini wheats for me, and mixed nuts and some spices and cooking implements for Nate.

Grandma has also been busy quilting for her new granddaughter. The wall hanging above has squares that were painted by my Grandma Webb, and so my mom put them with some of her quilt squares and made a cute wall decoration.

She and Heather also helped hunt down some material to finish making our flowers into headbands - we (well, my mom) got a good start last night while I rocked a fussy baby.

And finally, right now I love so many friends who sent adorable baby gifts - some even hand-made like the sweet little sweater and crocheted shoes. Thanks to everyone for thinking of us!
5 comments:
Whew! Grandpa is worn out from all the events. I'm so happy Will is adjusting and that all was taken care of. Please send those two back without further trauma. They are kind of old.
Oh, poor Will :(. That little bandaged hand took me back to Hamilton's ER trip after a fireplace burn. They are such troopers to be so tough for something they barely understand.
So glad your parents were there! I know I hardly know them, but it was fun to see pics of them (they look exactly the same...you've got some great genes).
Now I feel bad I haven't sent anything (for some reason, I think, I can't mail something over there!), and, as a mother of 2 boys, buying girl stuff is one of my favorite activities. :)
As always, love the new posts!
So sorry to hear about Will's finger, glad everything is good. I bet its nice to have your parents there. Finley is a doll, can't wait to meet her. Take care.
I love everything in this post...well, except the pinkie trouble.
Would you believe I had that happen to one of mine at almost the exact same age? And Dad wasn't around either? Mike was on scout camp, it was my first kid trip to the ER---good times.
Cute, cute baby!!
i love this post ... i'm sorry about poor little will's finger, but i'm SO happy your parents were there to help.
i'm so glad your mom and dad are there. i think life is always better when family is around. :) yeah for visitors, gma and gpa hugs, and all that dang cute baby girl stuff!! :)
Post a Comment