Sunday, March 25, 2012

Living the Dream

I got into the baby game a little - okay a lot - later than several of my friends, and for many years it was hard watching them snuggle their little babies. Yesterday I had a moment that made me realize what I had really been missing out on. Finley had just finished eating, and I had her on my shoulder to burp. She was crying because I had taken away her food source. Will was upset about something so he climbed up on my lap (with his cute, but sharp little knees) and cried into my other ear. Then Finley threw up on me. So I changed my shirt. Then she threw up on me again. I handed her to Nate while I found another shirt - yes the volume of vomit required actual wardrobe changes. Then she threw up on the bed. Yes, that's living the dream.

2 comments:

jami v. said...

yes, yes, it is! :) and enjoy it while it lasts!

kate said...

hahaha. beckett had to be burped with beach towels. of course, there ended up being a medical cause for that.

i will tell you (as a fellow "late-in-the-gamer), people will think you are younger than you are, thanks to your young kids. :)