Sunday, March 25, 2012

Living the Dream pt 2: What Not to Wear

Yesterday I had a flashback of Stacy and Clinton creating cool outfits for "moms on the go". I miss that show. I wore a pair of Nate's basketball shorts and a t-shirt all day. I only have a few days of maternity leave left, and I have only stayed in my sweats 3 times, so I figured, why not? I did shower early in the day, as Finley threw up down my first shirt, so at least I was clean. Anyhow, later in the day Will had an exploding diaper that necessitated cleaning of the floor, his foot (because he jumped up and stepped in it as Calista and I gasped and said, "Don't move!" - which always makes him move) and a shower for him. I noticed last night that I had some spots on my (Nate's - sorry honey) shorts and on my shirt. I thought back through the day to see what they might be, and realized, yep, I've been wearing poop. Stacy and Clinton would be horrified beyond words.

3 comments:

Hannah Singleton said...

These last two entries have been fabulous - I am right there with you! I also love the moment when you realize it's poop under your fingernails . . . or maybe I'm the only one that has happened to :)

jami v. said...

hehe :) love it - and unfortunately, can totally relate!!

kate said...

hannah...you're not the only one. and even when it's NOT poop, there's still the fact it was a legitimate option.

mer...basketball shorts sound comfy :).