
I love weekends, when I get to spend whole days with Will and have more than just a few hours a day with him. He is so good about entertaining himself and moving from activity to activity and one of his latest favorites is racing around the apartment, and especially up and down the hallways of our floor on his truck.

Of course, all that speed racing makes a boy hungry for a treat, and Daddy is always prepared with some form of ice cream:)

He is getting really good at putting different things together with his blocks - and he is even asking for things besides animals occasionally. The other day we did a house and a boat.

We took all the beanie baby animals out of the crib in hopes that it would help him fall asleep faster, but most nights, it doesn't make a lot of difference - he can entertain himself without toys too. Another attempt was to give him a pillow, which he likes, but hasn't sped up the overall falling asleep process. We just tell ourselves that at least he isn't crying...

Naptimes are also interesting. You may remember the inflatable zebra from Christmas last year - he was terrified of it for a few weeks. Now he loves it, and sometimes tries to sleep with it. He actually pulls the whole thing into the crib with him - unfortunately for picture taking sake, he hadn't made it all the way in yet when I caught him this time. The zebra squeaks, and it's a dead giveaway when he is venturing into the crib.

After I moved Chip (the zebra) out of "harm's way", Will was pretty hyped up, and so he showed off his jumping skills for awhile and laughed hilariously while I snapped some photos. Doesn't seem at all like a kid who needs a nap, does he? You'd never guess that we spent the morning at the park, racing around on his truck and playing with and alternately being abused, and abusing his friend Sam. There was a sand throwing incident that poor Sam got the short end of, and that I felt really guilty about.
4 comments:
hilarious. i can't get over the zebra! isn't it so funny what they learn to love and seem to think they can't live without??
that is the cutest little stink I have ever seen! I am way impressed with his block building skills, he will need to teach Oliver some. Glad you had a fun Halloween! Miss you guys!!
What great stories. I love the happy/rascal look on his face in the crib...and well, most of the pictures!
I love this whole blogging thing b/c sometimes I forget I haven't actually met Jami's or your kids. One day...
Thanks for the cute stories! I hope you spent the saved $27 on yourself.
SO Cute! I am glad the skunk fit, I'll find the pictures of Emilee in it two years ago. Plans for National Day? Hope all is well.
Post a Comment