I don't like being the center of attention. In high school, on a double date, when I made some contribution to the conversation, the guy from the other couple said to my date,"Hey, did you know she talks?!" So you may think it ironic that my job requires me to stand up in front of groups of teenagers and demand that all attention be on me. For whatever reason, that has never really been an issue, but when I take off the Mrs. Moffett hat, and become Meridee again, I am happy to fade into the crowd.At my last couple of doctor's appointments, my amniotic fluid levels were lower than they should be, and a hurricane of drama ensued, capped off by a trip to a new doctor and a request that I be admitted to the hospital for observation, and possible early delivery. I am only at 28 weeks - just starting my 3rd trimester and having this little girl come 12 weeks early was so not what I meant when I teased that this baby better not be late like Will. Long story short, I didn't get admitted, and we eventually came home that afternoon with the latest word being that early delivery is a good possibility, but not imminent.
In the process of informing our principals of our absences, keeping close friends informed, and possibly on call to help with Will, word got out to the powers that be in our branch that we were in a situation fraught with drama, and my comfortable place in the crowd disappeared as I was thrust into the spotlight. I am grateful for friends and people in the church who are so willing to serve us, but it's hard to not feel a little awkward or guilty accepting. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going with all this other than to be grateful on Thanksgiving for our families and all their prayers and love, and for the phone calls and offers of help and food and love from friends here and at home, and especially that I am still pregnant and for every little kick I feel that shows my little girl is still swimming around inside. Happy Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
Everyone has to take their turn at being served instead of giving service now and then. Funny how it is easier to be on the other end. You and your little one will be in our prayers! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
i'm with your friend kelsey -- while it's hard to be the one served, we all need our turn. i'm glad you are surrounded by people who love you! (because we all know the states are full of meridee fans) ... we're glad she's still in there swimming around too! ... and you and baby boops are in our prayers. xooxxo
Post a Comment