Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Musings on Life in Dubai

No matter where you are in the world, some things never change. Case in point: on Saturdays, there will always be lines at the post office, and only one person working.
But today, Dubai has something great going for it. At many government offices, and even places like money exchange establishments, they offer "Ladies only" counters. Today we had to renew the registration on our car, and Will and I ventured to the RTA office. As we entered, and saw that most of the seats in the waiting area were full, I almost turned around and left, but decided to just check at the information counter for the wait time. Mohammed sent me right to the Ladies only counter, where I paid my fees, received my new card and sticker and was out the door in less than 15 minutes. I avoided eye contact with all the men in the waiting area as Will and I made our escape and said a little thank you to Allah for being a girl:)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like a great idea to me! I turned myself and three little boys around rather quickly yesterday when I saw the long line at the bank. Yes, it was one I actually had to go inside, no drive through at this service center. I would have been loving a ladies only line just about then.

farmgirl said...

Yes, sometimes being a girl really does pay off. Ladies only line sounds great!!

Lauri said...

Hmmm what about ladies line at the post office or gas station. I think they're on to something.

jami v. said...

awesome! :)

The Andersons said...

I want to say so many things ;)I think... Yay for you is best. Hugs