My mom was awesome - she emptied the dishwasher - one of my least favorite jobs - and did laundry, stayed in the hot car so I could quickly run in for a couple of errands sans baby and car seat, walked the floor with a crying baby, and the list goes on. She and my dad even cleaned the bathroom, washed their sheets and towels and did all the vacuuming for me before they left. Which brings me to my dad:) He got to come down for a couple of days at the end of my mom's visit to meet Will. I would like to give the credit to him for teaching Will to just hang out and chill on the floor.
And lest we leave out important milestones, Will had his first bath - and he likes the real thing much better than the sponge bath thing, however leaving the tub brings on his super cute pouty lip, in spite of the warm fuzzy towels we have to wrap him in.
In honor of a great flick, I will leave you today with what we like to call the "One Eyed Will" pose... More to come later on how we are surviving on our own.
8 comments:
So nice to have extra hands for a few days. Good luck going solo!
I love the mom/grandma/new baby visit! They are the best! How cute is that picture of your dad on the floor with Will? Glad they could come for a visit.
You mom is probably having withdrawls too. I always hate leaving to come home after a new grandchild is born. I love, love, love those first days of life with a new baby.
So good to see your parents (in pictures anyway). Yep, he's still adorable =)
Wait, did you say the first time excercising in a month??!! I think I will be well over the 12 month time frame by that point...
i am SO glad you got to have your mom - AND dad come. there is nothing better than sharing a baby with your parents, and there's nothing that quite compares to mom time. :) so glad they were there, so glad they got to hug THE cutest little will i know, and so glad you are sounding so good! :) xoxoxo miss you ... wish i could come and hug too!!
My mom calls every day to see what she is missing - which of course is Will:) and Joc, I actually did lots of water aerobics while I was pregnant - that weightless feeling was awesome, plus I got a little exercise while I was at it. We are on day 3, and mostly surviving, except that a big poopy diaper interrupted the morning nap, which means I didn't get to shower yet . . .
I am so glad that they were able to come down. I missed your mom here over rodeo weekend though, but I guess we can share her! ;] Keep the pics coming, I love to see them!
Post a Comment