Monday, August 17, 2009

You have got to be kidding . . .

My child is only 5 weeks old, and I found my first white hair this morning. It didn't even have the decency to try and hide - it was just sticking straight up from the top of my head.

9 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

What a sweet little guy! I'm so happy for you. A little white hair is a small price to pay, right? Congratulations. Soak up every litte cute thing he does. My little guy turns 1 tomorrow, and I just can't figure out how that happened! Why does time go so fast when they are here, but so slow when we're pregnant!?
kelli

Jason and Kristin said...

Shut up I found my first one a few months ago. I knew I shouldn't have stopped coloring my hair.

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I am just catching up here. Your little guy is very cute and it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I wish I could feel bad for you with the white hair - I have been getting grey hair for a long time now. With my dad's genes I am cursed - at this rate I will be full on grey by 40 and white by 50! Arrrghh!

Anyway - enjoy motherhood - it looks like you are doing great! It is fun to see the pictures of your parents. I think I saw your mom last at my grandma's funeral. It is so weird that now WE are making them grandparents!

kate said...

Think of it as a blessing. It will serve as one more weapon to use in future emotional blackmail--example: "You're complaining about a curfew? You were only 5 weeks when you gave me white hair!"

Wright Family said...

Too funny - He has not even hit the sassy stage!!!

jami v. said...

welcome to parenthood. the older they get the more they grow. just accept it now and it will be a lot easier. :)

jami v. said...

ps, kate's comment is funny and i can't WAIT to use something like it on my boys. :)

Mrs. McNeel said...

Oh Meridee he is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!! Having babies does all kinds of funky things to a body. You find a white hair and my feet get bigger with each baby I have. I started at an 8 and am now at a 9 1/2. Ya, I'm thinkin' I'd better stop having babies because if my feet get any bigger it's going to look like I'm wearing a ski instead of a shoe.

the5firds said...

It is about time! I have been coloring my gray for years now.