Friday, August 14, 2009

Three Things

Will and I took lunch to Nate at school today, and everyone who got to see him was full of ooohs and aaahs, as they should be:) It was fun to see Nate during the day, and it gave him something to look forward to - and me a chance to see if I could be showered and out of the house by 11. Despite a few setbacks, we made it with a couple of minutes to spare.

I have been trying to capture some of the smiles Will has been doling out, and my camera is just not quick enough to get the full effect, but hopefully you can imagine.


On the flip side, its not all smiles on Nightingale Road - this was a big part of our afternoon yesterday. When this little guy does not get sufficient nap time during the day, we get more of this than anyone likes. So, despite what it looks like, I am not intentionally torturing my baby - I just thought since he was screaming anyway, I would try to get a picture of his cute pouty lip. This is not it - this is just full on mad.And this is what we were striving for - my relief was great, but short lived. This peaceful pose only lasted about 8 minutes.



Finally, we are concerned that we may have misnamed our child. One of the name choices that stayed on the list almost until the end was Benjamin, and now that he has lost all the hair on the top of his head and sports just the old man ring of hair, we sometimes call him Benjamin Button - especially when he gives us the old man wrinkles too.

But through all the smiles and tears, hair loss and trips to school, Will and I made it through our first week on our own, and look forward to the weeks ahead, and the cute things I know he will get up to.

2 comments:

jami v. said...

ok. he is VERY cute and should be getting multiple oohs and ahhs from all who meet him. :) isn't it great that we even love - although maybe not right in the moment - their mad times too? :) ah, the things little people do to our hearts! :)

i'm glad you are surviving and loving your time together!!

The Johnsons said...

You are such a cute mom. Enjoy the good and the bad moments because they don't last forever. He is simply adorable.