Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Two things

I know I just posted a couple of days ago, but I decided I should take advantage of inspiration - if it can really count as such - and post again because I know everyone out there is anxiously waiting to hear about my every thought and action . . .

When I was a kid, one of the things my mom cooked up to keep us busy in the summer was cleaning out kitchen cupboards. Each day, we were assigned a cupboard to clean out and reorganize, and it was usually a job I didn't mind. Perhaps that is the root of some of my love of organization. Nate had a similar idea, and of course it was added to our "to do" list. We went through our pantries (yes, we have two, one from the builder, and our 'auxiliary' pantry) and were able to remember how much food we really have and why we should stop eating out. And the shelves look so pretty and organized. I thought we were done, but then Nate decided we should go through alllllll our cabinets as well before making a DI run. I have to admit, my heart was not in it - especially when we started on the drawers around 9 p.m. and didn't finish until almost midnight. Again, we were able to purge some unused utinsels, and found some cool stuff we had forgotten about, and again I thought we were done. But no, we still needed to go through the cabinets.

Nate is a bit of an early riser, and so when I came down yesterday, our counters were all covered with pots and pans and gadgets and mixers and the list goes on. Long story short, our house has lost several pounds, and it feels like we just moved in - the tupperware cupboard is all neatly stacked and I have to take a minute and think before I know where to find anything. Of course, I am happy to have it all cleaned and organized, and Nate was a really good sport about my not being able to bend down to help him as much as I would have liked. One more thing checked off the list.

On to my number two thought for the day: I am sure many of you were Friends watchers, and may remember when bets were being placed to see if Rachel would have her baby each day. Well, I want to see what you all think - will my baby come early, or late, or on time? Will he weigh more than I did (5 lb 11 oz) or more than Nate did (8 lbs). Everyone send up a please bless that its somewhere in the middle! If we were a betting group, we could all throw in a buck and the winner would get the pot, but we aren't gamblers, and I don't really know how we would work that in the blog world, but comment away and maybe the winner can get the first picture of the baby or something else equally exciting:) Happy Wednesday and thanks for caring about my random thoughts.

8 comments:

jami v. said...

ok. i'm thinking your mom was onto something! i can't WAIT to put that into practice!! :) (although mine are still a little too young to organize, but i know they'd love to take my cupboards apart. :)) i love the organization of things too. it just feels better, doesn't it? :) lucky you to have a nicely organized kitchen (you'd think nate was the one having the baby with all the nesting he's been doing lately! :) )

ok. here's my guess: baby m will come 2 days early, he'll be 21 inches long and weigh 7lb 4oz :)

kate said...

I'm impressed! I really need to get Alex in on the organization process because if I do it alone he thinks nothing is organized (and puts things away based on that assumption).

I'm not sure if I managed to make a comment on your decorating post, but the room looks great. Hamilton has a crib just like yours! Be warned that they will eventually chew on the wood...very sad. Also way to go with beadboard and paint not wallpaper...Hamilton has been working on peeling sections off.

Ok...I'm guessing...one day late (sorry...going with statistics here), and he'll be 7 lbs 10 oz.

auburn and chris said...

alright... I am crossing my fingers for July 2nd in the afternoon weighing in at 6 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long.

I am sure it will be love at first sight for Miss O and the new little Moffet Man!!!

Wright Family said...

My bet is 4 days early (that is my wish for you), weighing in at 7 lbs 6 oz and 20.5 inches long. I guess we will soon see. YAY!!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm saying 2 days late, 6 lb. 15oz., and 19 inches. Those are Graham's stats so it's easier to remember what I guessed! GOOD LUCK!

Amanda said...

I think that is a good idea! I'm sure we will be implementing that into our world, I wonder if Landon remembers doing that? I haven't posted on your last entry yet, so I will now, I absolutely LOVE your nursery!! Landon said it was cute, and he was so right! Your furniture you got for it is adorable too! I am really excited for this little boy to come, one to meet him and two for you, I'm sure you are more than ready! Well, maybe I will see you next week, take care!
Loves!

Jocie said...

As much as I would like to say 7.11.09, I am guessing 7.7.09 and 7
lbs. 2 oz.

You have to send me a picture either way though =)

Is it sad that I have only been in my house for 5 months, and I need to clean out my pantry??

Unknown said...

we must be on the same brain thought, i just reorganized my closet shelves yesterday. it is one of my favorite things to organize and then i try and think of what plastic containers i can buy to put all the stuff in! i bet you will be late (not because i want you to be though of course i'm just taking a guess) and he will be 8lbs 4 oz.