Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Checked off

About 3 months ago, Nate and I started a "to do before baby comes" list. On it were important things like picking a name, and buying a crib, and deciding what to do with the empty bedroom that is going to be the nursery. Then, when tax refund time came, we made a list of "how to spend our refund". Fun things like pay off credit card bill, replenish savings, pay for Nate's surgery and my favorite - redo master closet, showed up on that list. Finally, we made a summer "to do" list on which several of the items on the aforementioned lists made repeat appearances. We still haven't chosen a name for our little guy - well I take that back. We have chosen several, then discarded for various reasons - i.e. in his ultrasound picture he didn't look like that name, we found out our new/former principal's son is named another choice etc. etc. But I would like to take a moment and mention some things that are in progress, and or finished from our many lists. And I don't know about you, but I get a lot of happiness from being able to check things off the list, and sometimes if I do something that I inadvertantly left off the list, I will write it on, just so I can check it off!

Yesterday, we finished moving all our stuff from our old school to our new one. Phew - what a job, and a great thing to check off.

Today (cross your fingers) the reconfiguration of our master closet will be completed and we can work on some serious organization. I can't wait!

Last night my friend and I finished step one of the painting of the baby's room, and although there are several steps left, I feel somewhat pleased that we have begun the process, and have a plan, and I am so grateful for friends who a. know how to do stuff, and b. are willing to give of their time to help!

In the last 24 hours, I have done many loads of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen - mostly. I know this doesn't make the list, but as I listen to the washer running its last load, and see the basket of freshly folded clothes, i feel I should get to take a moment . . . Anyway, happy Tuesday to all, and may we all enjoy checking things off our lists.

6 comments:

The Johnsons said...

It is amazing how much there is to do when you are having a baby. I am so excited for you both. Can't wait to meet him.

Lauri said...

I'm hoping your crib gets put together in the next few weeks. (I know it's not crucial for baby to have a crib the first few weeks but still...)

kate said...

nothing better than checking things off a list!

and a comment for the earlier "babymoon" blog...i've actually been down to san diego twice over the last couple months for trips you should definitely schedule post-baby: the "grandpa and grandma enjoy a weekend with their grandson while the parents get away" and a "girls weekend." I LOVED both :). So don't think a "babymoon" is the last of good times. :)

Jocie said...

I love checking things off too (I thought I had made up the trick of adding things to the list that I already did just to check them off---good to know I'm not the only one =)! I want to see some pics of the baby's room when it is done!

Amanda said...

I TOTALLY do that adding things on just to check them off! I want Landon to think that I have done lots while he is at work and plus, it makes me feel better. Well, I might be coming down to Phoenix soon, Lando is heading down for work and they said that I could come too. If that is the case, save some painting and decorating for me! I would LOVE to help! Hope you are doing good!!

jami v. said...

funny. i was going to say exactly what kate did! :) it's true. i love checking things off lists too!! :) happy checking, and don't forget to post a pic of little bambino's room when it's done! :)