This awesome view of San Diego from Coronado Island - we are thinking of moving there if anyone wants to join us. What a cool little island!
Nate getting to snorkel in La Jolla Cove - he saw a giant ray of some sort, schools of fish and other cool things - all in 63 degree water! EEEK! The baby and I decided it would be best for us to watch this adventure from the relative warmth of the beach.
Nate's other favorite thing in the ocean - riding the waves - he caught some good ones. And sunsets on the beach are always beautiful.
We didn't really get the colorful cows, but Nate thinks my "hippie shirt" matched this one, and its all about fairness. If I have to have a picture with a weird looking fake cow, so does he . . .
We tried to make the trip slightly educational - can we say "tax deduction"? So we went to the Cabrillo National Monument that honors some guy named Cabrillo who was the first explorer to land on this part of the continent. We saw some pretty cool tide pools, but the barnacles didn't make the photographic cut.
The San Diego Temple is gorgeous - and it was a quiet day there, so they were happy to see us for a session.
With every good thing comes some bad, so let me share a couple of low points of the trip: We spent our first couple of nights on the wharf, and our hotel was fine, then we moved to Mission Bay to another hotel which has the honor of being the sight of most of the low points of the trip. On our first night at hotel #2, we went down to the hot tub for a few, and decided it would be in our best interest to shower afterwards. I was just getting out of the shower when the fire alarm went off. Yep, pregnant lady in a tiny towel. I took time to put on clothes, and quickly brush out my hair - which Nate was not so happy about (the hair, not the clothing), and then we got to stand out in the parking lot for about 30-45 minutes while the fire department shut off the sprinklers which some guy had set off in his room, and flooded the three floors below him.
Another low point for the hotel- its elevator which stopped working a couple of times. We were on the top floor - which was only the third floor, but when it was time to check out and we had to carry almost everything down the stairs, it was not our favorite.
I can't remember any other bad things so I guess that's good - we ate well, the baby obeyed his daddy and stayed where he was, and the car didn't give us a repeat performance of our last trip to California so we made it there and back on schedule. I am going to jump on board with all the research and highly recommend babymoons:)
8 comments:
How fun!! I'm glad you got to do that! Do you think that research counts if it's your 4th? Let's say it does. Now what to do with the other kids...
Good luck with everything as your pregnancy winds down. I'm so excited to hear all about it and see pictures!
looks like a great place for a babymoon. :) i say any excuse for a vacation is a good one.
you are looking so cute, by the way! i can't believe the bambino is going to be making his grand appearance so soon! fun fun stuff!
What??? I did not know about the babymoon thing, dang it! How fun is that? Good job, I'm glad you had a chance to go after school got out and before you entered baby central. :)
That is such a good idea---and I am jealous of San Diego, I love the beaches there. Love the beach sunsets!! It reminds me of our trips to Mexico.
How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time! I want to come down and visit when the little gem comes, so let me know if that works and if you dont want me I will take no offense! ;) Good Luck with everything!
You are quite the traveler. I love that about you. You'll be glad you got out one more time. Nice prego pics too. You are looking good!
Great idea! I think that a 3rd story room, stairs, and a pregnant woman.....not good. But you look so great. I'm so excited for you!
kelli
We were in San Diego at the same time, I think. We did the whole Disneyland/Sea World/Zoo thing. We were in San Diego June 4-7. I am excited to see photos of baby when he comes. Only 20 days left!
Post a Comment