Monday, June 22, 2009

Before and After

Last week was a mess at our house - we decided to get our closet remodeled so it would fit more of the stuff we probably don't need in it. It turned out great - and it has a new paint job - no more of that lovely flat paint the builder was so fond of that gets so dirty, and even a little extra room for more stuff we don't need.



I decided to only post the pictures of the empty closet and let you use your imagination on how it looked stuffed full of everything, and how it looks now, all neat and organized. However, I have not tried to get all my shoes back in, so we'll see how that works out . . .





Now, what you've all been waiting for . . . the nursery! I almost forgot to take my before pictures and scared my friend Kellie to death because she had just swiped a blue paint smiley face on the top part of the wall. We had a couple of small setbacks regarding paint - we ran out of the blue in the middle of the second coat, and the paint store was closed on Saturday, so we had to stop for a couple of days. Painting the beadboard was quite the task - 3 coats still doesn't look perfect at certain angles, or in just the right light, but with furniture in the room, it hides a lot:) Nate and I learned some useful new remodeling skills, and now we can tackle some other projects in our house - but not for awhile!






I don't know if you can fully appreciate the beauty of the room in these tiny pictures, but we love it. I do have to give credit to Jami, since I copied the basic design from Cole's room in her first house, so thanks for a great idea Jami! And thanks to Nate's dad for helping with the furniture assembly. The baby's room is ready - and we are ready to meet him! Happy Monday to all.


5 comments:

Jocie said...

Yey! I love them both!!

jami v. said...

ah, to be so productive!! and how fun to have the room all ready for mr baby m!! :) awesome!!

Stephanie said...

So cute room for baby!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

farmgirl said...

I am so excited for you...the nursery is so cute. I remember waiting for my first after we had the nursery done I would just go in there and get so dang excited to see him I couldn't stand it. :)

Jason and Kristin said...

Yippee! It all looks amazing and I'm really impressed with your ability to do home improvement projects!