Two boys, two birthdays, 5 cakes, 4 1/2 parties, too many animals and balls to count!
We were at Uncle Rodney and Aunt Lisa's house in Arizona for Will's actual birthday, and he was so excited he couldn't sleep. Aunt Lisa, Debbie (her sister in law) and Debbie's girls decorated the house and had balloons all over for him when he woke up, and helped the day live up to his expectations. I remembered to get presents and wrapping paper and candles, and even a birthday button for Will when we shopped, but forgot a cake mix. Luckily, Lisa had one and I kept it simple with an aquarium cake. Unfortunately, I forgot to check with Will to make sure I could use his new animals to decorate the cake, and his reaction was not one of enthusiasm, but rather panic. He was worried we would eat his new animals with the cake!
Then we got to have another party with my family for Grandma, Will and Luke. Last the little's had some issues with "everyone" getting presents except them, so Grandma came prepared this time, and Finley got a present too.
Tyson got his present early so that it could be enjoyed a bit longer - and his favorite thing was just climbing up on the box.
One of our favorite things to do in the summer is take our bikes out, so when Nate found a good deal on a bike for Will, we jumped on it and he did great without the training wheels he is used to. Still needs help, but he climbed right on and showed no fear. The only problem was I couldn't run fast enough to keep up!
Tyson's early present was this cool water toy- the first afternoon we had it out, Will and Finley literally played with it for hours non stop. It has cool little boats and is also a perfect place for the animals to cool off. Tyson even got to play with it a little, when he could squeeze his way in around the edge.
On Tyson's birthday, we met Taylor coming home from his mission in Florida, then went down to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Brad's house and had cake/party #1. Grandma Moffett and Daddy supplied a multitude of balls, and he was one happy little camper.
And finally, one more cake. I wanted him to have the "grab it myself and smash it all over myself" experience that I wasn't willing to hold him for at Lisa's! So I made another cake, and let him go crazy. He was really enjoying eating it, then he realized chunks of it could be thrown like a ball. It was over quickly after that.
Happy Birthday to my boys - I'm finally happy that you have those July and August birthdays so we can celebrate all summer long with our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment