Monday, June 17, 2013

When it rains...

In a 2 hour period yesterday afternoon, Finley got kicked in the face by her brother (not intentionally, thank goodness - there was willy nilly jumping onto the couch and she was standing in the path of the crazy feet), then she bumped her head on the door, then she reached up and touched the hot handle of a griddle on the stove (no actual burns, again, thank goodness).  In the moments between these incidents, she followed me around crying, and fell down a few times when I wasn't actually holding her.  Oh, and I think both Nate and I knocked her down since she was underfoot while we were trying to make dinner. Then Will turned the water over too far to the cold side and it burned his hands - yes, I said the cold side.  Water heaters are a waste here in the summer, and in our new apartment, the hot water is literally scalding.  Everyone was soo glad for bedtime to come last night!  

1 comment:

jami v. said...

sometimes i want to cry before i crawl into bed on those kinds of days. but mostly i'm too tired to do anything but close my eyes and hope tomorrow's better. :) hope your tomorrows have been much, much better.