Nate does our grocery shopping a lot. I hope he knows how much I appreciate it, and after another full family shopping trip this evening, I think he enjoys going on his own. When we have gone all together, it's a two cart experience because Finley's car seat takes up a whole cart, so we divide and conquer. One night I was in the cereal aisle, trying to make some good cereal appear by wishing really hard and Finley was getting tired of shopping so she had started to cry. A kind (of annoying) lady passed by me, then turned back and said, "Excuse me, your baby's crying." Really? I hadn't noticed. Thanks so much for pointing it out to me. People here are so helpful.
Tonight, we were again attempting the full family shopping adventure and there are two things I need to clarify up front. I love Will, and he is driving us nuts. He is at a bit of a defiant stage, and whenever we tell him not to do something, he just smiles that mischevious little smile and does it again. Lately this has mostly involved abusing his sister in some way, like bopping her with his animals, (the hard plastic ones, not the soft fuzzy ones), or bouncing her in the bouncy chair to the point of almost propelling her out of it, or dumping juice on her. In the store tonight, I was holding her, and standing near the cart, and he kept grabbing at her so I said, "Kid you are going to get beat by a big stick." Obviously this was not a literal statement, however the lady standing next to us at the meat counter did not realize this based on the look she gave me. I hope when Sunday comes we aren't too excited to go back to work and let Calista spend the day with Will...
Tonight, we were again attempting the full family shopping adventure and there are two things I need to clarify up front. I love Will, and he is driving us nuts. He is at a bit of a defiant stage, and whenever we tell him not to do something, he just smiles that mischevious little smile and does it again. Lately this has mostly involved abusing his sister in some way, like bopping her with his animals, (the hard plastic ones, not the soft fuzzy ones), or bouncing her in the bouncy chair to the point of almost propelling her out of it, or dumping juice on her. In the store tonight, I was holding her, and standing near the cart, and he kept grabbing at her so I said, "Kid you are going to get beat by a big stick." Obviously this was not a literal statement, however the lady standing next to us at the meat counter did not realize this based on the look she gave me. I hope when Sunday comes we aren't too excited to go back to work and let Calista spend the day with Will...
7 comments:
oh, how i love it!! :) miles is still in that stage, at the tender age of 5 (sorry. doesn't give you much hope, does it?? :) ) but i have to laugh a little because it is a little bit funny!!
Hilarious!!!
Gotta love it!
Maybe being excited to go to work Monday isn't necessarily a bad thing. . .
I thought you had another year for sure. What does your husband teach?? I'm just looking out for jobs for you, even a year early. :)
Maybe being excited to go to work Monday isn't necessarily a bad thing. . .
I thought you had another year for sure. What does your husband teach?? I'm just looking out for jobs for you, even a year early. :)
Argh. People! I read the best book before having Beckett (Waiting for Birdy), which is about having a second kid. One part came back to me post-birth...something like...how did the boy who could do no wrong and was my most precious thing suddenly become a horrible thing I yell at all day.
I PROMISE it will end...Finley will be able to defend herself and they'll be playing all day together. In the meantime...good luck and be grateful for work! :)
Post a Comment