
I love Easter candy. As a kid, Easter was one of my favorite holidays, not only because of the candy, but because the Easter bunny made it exciting by hiding jelly beans all over the house (sometimes too well, we'd find them months later) and always created a fun scavenger hunt to find our baskets - I remember them in the dryer one year. One thing I always wanted to do though, was an Easter egg hunt so last year when a couple of friends organized hunts, I was so excited to live vicariously through Will. This year, he really had it figured out and even though I got to carry his basket (toolbox) for him, he did a great job finding eggs and of course he loved all the candy too!



I love watching Will and Sam together - they really love each other and Will loves Sam's baby brother Olin too. After the initial hunting frenzy was over, Will and Sam went back out with Sam's dad to find any eggs that had been missed, and it was fun watching them just strolling along together, then sitting side by side examining their loot.


Our other hunt was out at our friend's house with Will's favorite girls, Anna and Emilee. We had dinner together, and Anna blessed the Easter bunny in her prayer over dinner, which was great because he left a lot of eggs for them after that!
2 comments:
Easter is my absolute favorite. I LOVE the candy. And I adore the reason we celebrate Easter, it makes life worth living, that miracle.
i think my kids need to spend easter with you. their easter bunny thinks too much sugar makes them nuts so it's slim pickin's around here in the easter candy celebration department. see, just ANOTHER reason i'm adding to my list that we need to be neighbors. get back here, already, will you??? :) i heard texas is needing teachers! :)
Post a Comment