Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wiped Out

The other night Nate went in to check on Will, and couldn't find him. I joined the search, and we looked in all the usual places - our bed, the bathroom where he sometimes hides out playing with his bath toys, under the crib where he makes a zoo with his animals, and he was nowhere to be found. We had been on the couch, so we were pretty sure he hadn't come out into the front room, but he wasn't under our bed, or on his chair, or under his giant elephant. We checked the balcony doors with a little panic in our hearts to make sure they were locked, and I started to get nervous because we really couldn't find him. I thought I better do one more check in his room, and found him wedged between the chair and his window, with the curtain over him. He had his football pillow and his baseball blanket down there and had created a nice little bed. After breathing a sigh of relief, I wedged myself in far enough to pick him up and put him in bed. Ever since he moved to the big boy bed though, he has been found sleeping in a lot of random and not so random places and positions...


This one is one of my favorites - talk about sleeping on your feet...
For some reason, he really likes sleeping in the chair - maybe it feels smaller and more confined like the crib? This is a post Easter candy sugar crash.
And of course, mom and dad's big bed is a favorite too.
And finally, if you are two and you love animals, sleeping on a tiger rug is awesome right? Except when it's on a cold, hard tile floor. Apparently, that wasn't a problem for Will! As long as we don't lose him again, I guess I don't really care where he falls asleep, but it would be great if his actual "bedtime" (falling asleep time) wasn't the same as ours...

7 comments:

jami v. said...

oh i love it! don't you love that they just plop down and are gone? so super cute ... and he looks so peaceful - even on his feet! :)

whirligigdaisy said...

Sleeping children are wonderful.

Mandy said...

I haven't visited your blog FOREVER! You had a baby!!! She's adorable..and I love love love her name. Congrats! Your kids are adorable and your adventures seem amazing. So fun!

jami v. said...

i just read your list of things you are happy about. i love it ... and i can't wait to hear your plans for summer! i hope we can meet up somewhere!! :) i need to hug that baby ... and see will, and catch up with you!! love ya!!

whirligigdaisy said...

So Mer, how much longer are you guys going to be there in Dubai?? Just wondering.

Mer said...

D - one more year for sure, then who knows? Depends on job market elsewhere.

kate said...

My favorite outfits for kids...1. shirt and just a diaper, 2. tight jammies.

Adorable.