Sunday, September 4, 2011

A cabin at the lake and a little wildlife

Nate got to go to Boston for a few days and explore the birthplace of the American Revolution, so while he was having that adventure, Will and I spent a few days at a cabin at Bear Lake with my family. There is a moose family that lives in the area, and apparently is not afraid of people at all. This big guy liked to hang out on the grassy area right behind the cabin! We also saw the mama moose, and my brother got a sighting of the baby moose but the rest of us luckily didn't get in the way of the mama and baby.
We learned a new card game and played some dominos and Will got some good snuggle time with both grandma and grandpa.
As much as Will loves a good horse or camel ride, he is also quite willing to take a ride on the four wheeler with any uncle who will take him. This ride was the time of the first moose sighting.
We took a hike to Bloomington Lake, and the big boys were brave enough - and crazy enough to jump into the lake with the help of the rope swing - I got some great action shots, but since you can't tell which one is which, I will save those for my own scrapbooks. According to Jordan, that water is "crisp"! Which is the understatement of the year - it literally took their breath away- they both came up gasping. I had one nearly fatal experience with a rope swing, due to a large rock and my lack of upperbody strength, so I am a watcher in these types of activities.


You will notice Will has a cookie in his mouth in these two pictures - one of our favorite activities at the cabin is food consumption:) and I pretty much just let him eat cookies almost whenever he wanted. How can I say no and be a hypocrite?
Will has a bit of an aversion to bodies of water larger than bathtubs when you try to put him in farther than the edge, but once I got him out a bit on the wave runner, he seemed like he was having fun. He started saying "Whoa" along with me when we went over little waves, but he didn't want to go too fast.
And in all our talk about going to the beach, he picked up a new word, and when we moved from our initial parking place to find a better spot, he started crying, "Beach, beach" because he thought we were leaving without even getting out of the car. He planted himself in the sand with his squishy shark and frog and had a blast for hours with only a break now and then for some juice, grapes, and of course, cookies! It was a fun trip - we missed Nate, but he had fun in Boston too, so everyone was happy.

No comments: