Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Farm in Idaho

Ever since I took that picture of Will trying to ride his elephant in our apartment in Dubai, I had been hoping to take him to my aunt and uncle's farm in Idaho to ride a real horse. It took us a few weeks after our arrival, and we did a couple of practice runs on the carousel and a small horse at my sister's house before the real thing. I have great memories of the farm in Idaho - my mom grew up on the potato farm, and then my aunt and uncle took over, so we have had lots of fun times there (and the last few years I have had to seriously lower my potato standards, but that is another story).
My uncle Norm is in the background, and Chip is the horse of the day. When I put Will to bed the night before I told him that tomorrow we would get to ride a horse, and that was the first thing he said when he woke up - "Ride horse?" Will was a little hesitant at first, but once they started moving, he was all over it. Every time they stopped, he would say "Again, horse, again."
After he got off Chip, of course he wanted to go again, so Norm put him on this bigger horse, bareback, which was a little nervous for Will. But he talked about the horses all day, and keeps saying "Ride horse again" and sometimes even calls him by name - "Chippie, ride."
Thanks again Norm and Nina for letting us visit and for taking time to make Will's day!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

What happened to your baby??? He's all grown up!

Jason and Kristin said...

He looks so cute and small on the big old horse.