Growing up, it was the highlight of the summer, but also the beginning of the end. I remember wearing new school jeans to the rodeo, which meant we had already gone school shopping and started preparing for summer to be over. When we lived in Arizona, we never made it back to Preston for the rodeo as we had always started school, so last year was the first time Nate had ever been here, and the first time I had in 5 years - I have to say in this instance, absence does make the heart grow fonder... But on to the present day... We took Will to the carnival - first on our own, and Nate and I each took him on a ride, and then let him try one on his own. He loved the carousel, but cried on the little roller coaster with Nate, and also the little cars on his own. So the next night we enlisted my niece Lauren, and he had a great time on all the rides - and so did she, finally getting to be the "big sister" since she is the youngest in her family.

We also took him in to the rodeo for a few events but it starts later, and he was tired, and the grumpy man next to us was not very kid friendly. We stayed long enough to watch the little kids get thrown off the sheep in the Mutton Busting event, then took Will home to bed. Nate and I got to sit over the chutes (right above the action with all the bucking broncos and bulls) the next night, and so we got our fill of the rodeo experience - hopefully my brother will get me some of his awesome shots of the bulls from that night so I can post them.

All in all, it's a great weekend - and as an added bonus, I got together with my 3 best friends from high school and we had lunch and caught up and it was so much fun. We are all still the same, but so different too - comfortable in our skin and happy with our lives, and happy to still be in contact - so thanks ladies - it was really awesome to see you. Can't wait for next year's date.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
That Famous Preston Night Rodeo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like so much fun. So much to do while we're here, looking forward to an adventure or two back over 'there' :) Little guy is doing great, can't wait to show him to W/C ;) See you soon.
Lunch was lovely. Was it not? Thanks. And, no, I really don't think there is a way to describe to someone not from Preston how amazing rodeo weekend really is.
oh, man! i LOVE the preston rodeo ... so glad you got to take will ... how's the rest of your summer panning out?
I love the rodeo. Glad you got to enjoy your hometown one with your little family.
Will is really growing up!
Oh That Famous Preston Night Rodeo. Good times for sure... We will get you some of our super sweet action shots from Saturday Night. I'm hoping one of these days I will get back to my own abode and I can email them to you. P.S. Can I just tell you how glad I am that you are here?!?
I didn't know you'd been in town!! How fun. I was there too. You know that sitting above the chutes at the Preston Night Rodeo has always been on my bucket list, so now I'm expecting you to hook me up. :)
Post a Comment