Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What a difference a year makes...

I can't help thinking of last year, what a depressing day this was for me. It was about 115 outside, and despite repeated invitations, little baby Moffett was just not ready to come out and brave that heat. (side note: I realized that I write in run-ons in this blog - sorry if that bugs. I will try to write in less of a stream of consciousness mode...) Despite his late arrival, he's made every minute since then incredible. And now, another big adventure awaits. It just goes to show that if we had that little answer book of what lies ahead that I know I have often desired, we probably wouldn't believe it anyway.
Things we are learning: babyproofing locks are kind of a pain for us. They really don't bother him much- he just plays with them, or figures out how to pull them off. I left him this cupboard and wow, it's been hours of entertainment.


When he stops opening his mouth, I should really just let him be done... On the cuteness side, when he eats something he likes, he says MMMMM:)

The wheel of the Civil War cannon Nate bought fits perfectly in his mouth, and so far it shows no signs of coming off to be swallowed...

He has started pushing the tractors around, and making the appropriate (sort of) vroom noises. So adorable.

Splashing - also hours of entertainment. We spent the weekend in St. George with my parents, and they hauled our first trailer of stuff the rest of the way to Idaho for us. On that note, we are moving right along with our big adventure. We found renters right away, buyers for several of our big furniture items, moving/neighborhood yard sale is scheduled for this weekend so spread the word! Our house is a disaster with empty spots where some stuff has been moved out or to its new home, and other stuff has ventured out of its hiding place to be ready to be sold. Empty boxes abound, and to do lists keep piling up.


We have an official departure date in the middle of August, and teaching assignments - Nate has been moved to 7th & 8th grade, and I will be teaching 9th & 10th grade at the high school. Will's passport came in the mail today, and our visa paperwork is on the desk of someone at the state department in dc waiting to be stamped. I had big plans to find cool pictures of Dubai to post this time, but even though its on my mental to do list, it hasn't been checked off yet... so stay tuned.

4 comments:

farmgirl said...

Such a cute little fella...and I still cannot believe you are really moving across the world. What an adventure!!! Good luck with all the loose ends. :o)

Jason and Kristin said...

Wow, it has been one busy year for you all! I'll stay tuned for pics :)

Amanda said...

I'm sad we missed you guys in St. George last weekend! But I can't wait for you to come up soon. You really have had a big year and it seems like a couple more crazy ones right ahead. Now hurry and get here so I can see that cute little Will!

jami v. said...

i'm glad things are coming along ... sounds like things are falling into place. :)