There is no better way than a good yard sale to see the myriad people in the world. Two of my favorite moments - the lady who bought a candle for a quarter, and then the lady who came back both days and didn't try to bargain, just took what she wanted, gave the asking price. We also had a great last minute sale from a couple of guys who are restocking their store in Mexico, so they grabbed some of the stuff we were really hoping to get rid of with minimal bargaining. One thing that was interesting to me were people who will walk around for a long time, and collect a good sized pile of "merchandise", then when I wouldn't give her everything for $1, she put it all back and went away in a huff. I also liked it when people told me which stuff was overpriced. I really appreciated their input.
Our house is much less decorated - mirrors, hampers and wall hangings and the kitchen garbage can were a hit, so there will be piles of laundry, and NO - there will not be piles of garbage:), just bags. But the good news is now that there are less mirrors, I won't have to see the messes and circles under my eyes reflected back at me! So, on to the next big things, and if you need any assorted dishes, a couple of clocks, (yes, they work), or a Christmas tree, just let me know!
3 comments:
Just a couple of clocks? =)
i was hoping you were hanging on to all of your clock collections .... ??? i'm glad to hear things are moving along.
Don't worry - I just tried to sell a couple of the non-collection worthy clocks:)
Post a Comment