Thursday, May 7, 2009

Absolutely Delicious

If you like treats, you really need to try this recipe. We just finished a pan, and are seriously considering making another one. YUM!

Lemon Squares
1 c. soft butter
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. flour
6 tbsp lemon juice

Frosting: (this is what moves them from good to delicious . . .)
6 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Mix 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 2 cups flour, press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Mix eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup flour and lemon juice together. Pour over top of crust. Bake 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.

Mix together frosting ingredients; frost when cool. Devour:)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Mer,
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks like it combines my 2 favorite desserts - lemon bars and frosting! I'll have to try it soon. It was great to see you and Nate again, even if it wasn't for very long. I'm glad you had a fun baby shower, and sorry I missed it. Love ya, Lisa

Jason and Kristin said...

Jason is a huge lemon bar fan but I haven't made them forever and when I do it is from a box. I'm sure Jason will thank you!

jami v. said...

honestly . how can one lose baby weight with things like this around?!?!?!?!?! not helpful. nope. not one bit!!!