I am sure everyone who has been pregnant has a list like this, but here are mine for the week. From a teacher at school: (and I do give her a small amount of credit for leading with the first comment, but still . . .) "I didn't even know you were expecting. I saw you from behind and thought, Wow, Meridee has put on a lot of weight, but then you turned around and I saw your tummy."
In the parking lot at Wal-Mart: (we do try to avoid that store whenever possible for mulitple reasons, which its not necessary to list right now). Random guy we passed in the parking lot says, "Wow, I'm farther along than you are." Where do they get stuff like that?
5 comments:
it's nice, isn't it? i don't quite understand why being pregnant gives people license to say whatever they feel ... if you were naturally 300lb no one would ever say anything but because you're pregnant somehow people think it's completely acceptable to mention your size.
just for the record, i'm sure you look GREAT! :) in fact, where's a picture? we need to see this cute belly!!!
FOR rude!!! My favorite this pregnancy has been the janitor who asked if I was having twins, then when I said no, went on to say that I MUST be having triplets then. Can I kick him in the head now or later? :)
PS I am sure you are DARLING!
You were nice not to mention the stupid thing I said to you at school..."wow, you finally look pregnant!" Seriously, I thought about it for days and felt bad. I only meant that for the first time you finally looked pregnant since you hid it for so long. Actually, I think you look darling.
Wait until people start patting your stomach. That one really freaks me out!
I want to see pics of you! Yes it is worse when people touch your belly. Awkward! I had one of the fire chiefs at where I worked that really like to touch mine. A friend of mine would just say, "Do you want to touch my boobs because they are bigger too?".
SERIOUSLY!! C'mon people!
Post a Comment