Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brought to you by . . .


I don't know if I mentioned that Nate coached girls basketball for the first time this year, with a little trepidation. It all turned out well, and he was able to get through the season without making any of them cry with his coach's voice. As a thank you, the girls gave us tickets to a Suns/Jazz game - sweet seats and even a parking pass, so we had a great date night this week. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring my camera, so you will have to use your imagination as I recount some of my favorite moments.


1. Brought to you by Dial Body Wash, the Dancing Dads. Picture about 35 older guys, all in bright orange shirts, performing a hip hop dance routine during one of the time out breaks. Hilarious.

2. The "butter" ball moment - yes, I was actually watching the game some of the time, and there was a time when it looked the the ball had literally been rubbed in butter - none of the players on either team could keep hold of it. It was reminiscent of a jr. high game...

3. The Jazz fans - a team of guys came in wearing old school Jazz uniforms - Stockton, Hornacek etc, short shorts and all, and they even brought their coach, Jerry Sloan, with his clipboard. They had pretty sweet seats too - so we got to watch them throughout the game. I really wish I had a picture of this one.

4. Half-time show brought to you by Dancing with the Stars and Magic Shows incorporated. Ball room dancing with I think at least 8 amazing 10 second costume changes by the woman, and one by the man. I leave this completely to your imagination - there are no words.

5. The Suns won. Not that I was really cheering for one team or the other, but Nate was happy:)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

What a fun thank you gift. I can't imagine any of the students at that school coming up with that...who knew? Glad you had a great time. I don't know who I would root for either with that match up.

jami v. said...

what a nice thank you -- and i'm glad he didn't make any of the girls cry. :) sounds like a great evening out!! :)

kate said...

No crying girls? What kind of pushover coach is he? :)

One of my great joys is watching sporting events in excellent seats you didn't have to pay for (alas, no Dodger luxury box this year...stupid economy).

Anyway, I bet it was even better than the all-you-can-eat section of Dodger Stadium featuring Diamondback hecklers?

farmgirl said...

Just thought I'd pop on over and say HHEEYY!!! So glad we can be blogging buddies now! Oh, don't worry...I'll be back! :)