Monday, April 6, 2009

Popularity

In case you only read posts for the pictures, this one will be photo free . . . remember how when you are pregnant, you have lots more blood volume? And how that makes you very desirable to certain flying insects? We sat out on our patio the other night, chatting with Nate's niece Jen and her husband who were down for the weekend, and I learned that what the pregnancy book said is true - mosquitoes love pregnant women. Now, not only are my legs puffy and attractive, I look like I have some kind of pox because of the dozens of bites all over!

On the flip side, I was chosen as the Student Council Teacher of the Month - which really means a lot because as the celebrities say at one of their many award shows, this one was voted by my students:) My favorite reason one student gave for why I should be chosen was that I come to school even though I'm pregnant.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Meridee,
You are the best, that's why the mosquitos love you so much! And you are also the cutest pregnant lady I ever saw. Thanks for putting Jenn and Stephen up, they had a great time and loved your house. We love you! Lisa

jami v. said...

great post. :) see... you are popular for SO many reasons.

and if i knew that being pregnant was a reason NOT to come to school, i would have stayed home a lot more that year i was prego with cole! :) hehe

Jason and Kristin said...

Sweet reason to get an award!

I'm going to call you and not be a wimp and give you the bad news on your blog. I just keep waiting for after 4 so you will be out of school but that's when the boys get all crazy and then before I know it it's morning again! I'll try again tomorrow ;)

kate said...

I guess there's always the good and bad that come with popularity. Luckily, the glow of winning well-deserved "teacher of the month" honor should last longer than the mosquito bites. Congrats...it's stuff like that that keeps teachers going!

That said, several teachers that started with me are leaving the profession...they've had it.

Jocie said...

Really it's an honor just to be nominated...but it's awesome when you win and can rub it in everyone's faces =) Well deserved (the award, not the mosquito bites----although, that would have been a perfect photo op.)