Sunday, February 15, 2009

Picture Day


It's been a good week at our house - Nate's surgery went perfectly, he stayed one night in the hospital, and has been home recuperating. He is still a little sore - who wouldn't be after doctors take sharp objects and cut holes in you with them . . . but the pain he was dealing with prior to the surgery is much improved, and will hopefully be gone completely in a few weeks. The kids at school really miss him and keep asking how he is doing. His basketball girls are anxious for his recovery and have sent cards and candy to help him feel better. But on to other important things. . .


Friday was another big day for us - we got to see our baby - live! Our ultrasound was an amazing experience - the baby was moving all around, and was in the perfect position for the tech to see that . . . "It's a boy!" Those were almost the first words out of her mouth, and we got to see his little hands curled right up by his face, and his little legs and feet. I haven't felt him move too much that I can definitively say, but wow, he's a mover! Check out his adorable profile, and the full body shot. Amazing.





9 comments:

Jocie said...

So exciting! Congratulations!! Is Nate planning his sports career already? I'm glad he is doing okay after the surgery.

jami v. said...

yipee! congrats! i think those pictures are so amazing, and i STILL get teary (even on baby 3) when i go in for those ultrasounds. just the whole growing a baby thing is -- amazing! :) congrats, congrats. i'm excited for you - and excited too, that nate's surgery went well. now he'll be able to chase after that cute baby boy! :)

Lauri said...

Oh how wonderful! A little Natey running around the house. I'll bet you're both excited.

Nate, glad your surgery went well too. Keep up that fast paced recovery!!!

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! And welcome to boyland! :)

kate said...

Wow...two bits of great news! I'm always a little in awe of people who can actually wait until the birth to find out gender. I was WAY too excited to wait. And, not that I'm biased or anything, but I think boys are the best.

I hope all THREE of you keep doing well!

Jason and Kristin said...

Sweet! Boys are good stuff. I'm so glad the surgery went ok. I'll keep you posted on our trip to AZ in April. Hopefully we can see each other.

Jocie said...

By the way, I think it's time for some pregnant Meridee pictures =)

whirligigdaisy said...

Oh, so exciting!!! Congrats. I need to visit your blog more. Hope you're well.

Anneke said...

Congrats on the baby boy!! Wish I had some boy "tips", but we're all about girly stuff around here. Wow... a boy!! Fun fun stuff!