As a kid, I remember riding around in the car for what seemed like hours, running errands with my dad. On these memorable trips, I gained a love for some classic 70's folk music by the likes of Simon & Garfunkel, and Peter, Paul & Mary. So, in honor of those days when life was easy and there was no nausea or heartburn, here is an ode to our very own lemon tree. I can't really claim all the credit - I am really just writing whatever lyrics I remember from the actual song.
"Lemon tree, very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet. But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat. Lemonade, very tasty, and it quenches thirst tout suite (right away). Made by Nate, and its frozen, its a delicious pink treat."
Okay, my rhyme and meter are really not that great or even good, but we do have our own lemon tree, with actual fruit and Nate does make fabulous frozen pink lemonade!
2 comments:
ah. i wish i were coming to visit soon so nate could make me some! it's my favorite drink!! :) and fresh is best, right?! :)
ps-i LOVE the new blog look ... very nicely done!!
xoxo
Hi Mer,
I just thought I'd check in on your blog. Your lemon tree is very cute. And the picture of Detroit is gorgeous, though I'm not sure it was worth the hassle. I'm sorry about the barfing, but it really is a good sign! Glad you survived your vacation. Love, Lisa
Post a Comment