Saturday, December 20, 2008

Silver Linings

Some of you may remember that I did a stint as a dental assistant while I was in college, and since then have been fairly conscientious about my dental hygiene. Brushing my teeth 4-5 times a day is not uncommon. This works out well since one of my other favorite things is treats:) However, lately I've had a bit of a problem with both. For some reason, brushing my teeth sets off my gag reflex in a big way, which of course takes a lot of the satisfaction out of brushing. And really no food sounds good ever, even my favorite treats. I just ate a scotchie (peanut butter/butterscotch/chocolate rice krispie treat) as a chaser for my cereal, and it really did not have the same yumminess I used to enjoy. But because it's almost Christmas, there is a silver lining to this little gray cloud . . .

After a couple of mishaps, I think we have a keeper:) We are having a baby in July! Nate and I are pretty excited - and he finally got to see me throw up the other night - I don't think it was everything he thought it would be because he has stopped trying to push the gagging into actual puking since! On that uplifting note, happy holidays to all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meridee!!!! Congrats! That is AWESOME! I knew it as soon as I started reading about the gag reflex! Wanna know why? Check out my blog! www.kolohetime.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas my friend! Love you lots! :)Jen

Jocie said...

I am so super excited for you! I think that is worth a little puke =)

jami v. said...

babies are the best!! congrats congrats congrats! :)

Wright Family said...

You were giving me soooo many hints that night I was at your house, and dumb me I still did not catch on!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYs. You will be awesome parents. :)

Jason and Kristin said...

WOO HOO!!!! I can't believe it that is the best news!!!! July, wow, you are going to be so HOT! When do we get to find out if it's a boy or girl? Keep me posted I'm so EXCITED! Merry Christmas.

kate said...

wow!! i have to admit i skipped ahead after reading about the gag reflex, wondering if it could be...and it was!

congrats! and congrats to the baby...awesome parent choice. clearly, you are already one smart cookie.

looking forward to updates and widget countdowns :).

auburn and chris said...

So excited for you both! Luckiest little baby!! Hopefully you will start feeling better soon! This better make second semester fly by!!

the5firds said...

So excited for you! It will be here before you know it!

Kenyon and Karyn said...

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT! CONGRATULATIONS! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!