Thursday, September 11, 2008

Living in the desert


One would think that when one lives in the desert, getting caught in a giant rainstorm would be something that didn't happen too often. Until you remember the monsoon season . . . Picture this if you will. Meridee, out at a YW activity with 5 girls in tow, two blocks from her car. We had just completed some serious vacuuming of a literal carpet of dog hair, and some unloading/loading of a dishwasher, as well as taking out the garbage for strangers - welcome to a service scavenger hunt! Right as we were finishing up, the rain started down, and we got to traipse through it back to our starting point to my car. When the monsoons get serious here, it can be quite the downpour. I wish I had pictures - but lets just say I hope I earned my service blessings for the week . . .

6 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh my goodness I am so happy that Nate went to the football game! Yippeeeeeeee, I'm so happy to have you blogging! Ok, so you are in YW? Have you been in there for awhile? I bet those girls love you. You are so stinking cute!!!

Jocie said...

That reminds me of some of the CRAZY downpours on my mission. One time we had to catch a ride with a wacko trucker because we got stranded in the rain. Such happy memories =)

jami v. said...

gotta love the rain ... and soggy people smooshed in a car. yep. nothing better.

jami v. said...

woot-woo! you did it!! it looks GREAT!!! way to go mer ... you are officially blogger hooked :) hehe ... love the new look and the picture, etc. fun fun fun

Jocie said...

Cute background! Where did you get it?

Mer said...

I got the background at pyzam.com - so many choices there, so few blogs . . .