Thursday, September 18, 2008

Anybody have the time?







There is really no good reason for this post, other than I am practicing my skills, uploading pictures and such. Some of you may know of my love of timepieces, and I decided long ago that when I had my own house, I would have a clock wall:) so there it is - my clock wall. Of course, this is nowhere near all the specimans of my collection, but it's kind of a fun conversation piece as you come in my front door.
Secondly - well, I wanted it to be second, but it is determined to show up first . . . Anyway, since most of you have not been to visit since summer, oh yeah I mean never! - I thought I would share our summer remodeling project. We removed the $5.99 a square yard carpet from our front room, and put in the beautiful shiny "engineered" wood floor. There is still work to be done in the room, but isn't the floor snazzy? The only problem with it is now we really want to replace the carpet throughout the upstairs. Always a project, right? Happy Thursday to all - only 6 more days until Fall Break!












6 comments:

jami v. said...

apparently i'm one of the slackers who "hasn't visited at all" :) oops! i'll make that a goal - i promise! :)

i LOVE the pictures. i want pictures of the rest of your house ... :) i LOVE the clock wall and it's fun to see it, even though i knew you did it i had pictured it differently. very fun.

the hardwood is great! :) so impressive, and yes, there is ALWAYS something to do with a house. the projects never end. :)

kate said...

I was actually admiring the floor before I read the post! The clocks also look great...I'm so happy to have a Meridee clock in our kitchen :).

To avoid getting overwhelmed (and overbudget), I have a "dream project" only once a year. Plus it's fun to think/plan about it for awhile. This year: our bedroom/bathroom. Next year: our deck and front yard. Of course, the REAL (but boring) project to do is child proofing. Our home revealed itself as a deathtrap as soon as Hamilton started moving around.

Anneke said...

LOVE the clocks and LOVE the floor. Wanna come decorate my house?
I think of you often cause Abbie is taking violin lessons. She loves it but I think I might be more excited about it than she is. :)

Jocie said...

I have a Meridee clock in my kitchen too =) Love the floor---you guys did a good job. I can't wait to stop decorating my new place (although, I had two years to decorate my current place and never finished).

Jocie said...

Oh, I meant "start" (not "stop" decorating my new place---although I'm sure that would make Mark happy) It is for sure a Monday =)

Jason and Kristin said...

OOO, your floor is so shiny! I totally forgot about your clock fetish. The wall looks really cool. Nice job. Ok, I had the problem with my pics not posting in the right order too. To make it work I have to click on the HTML tab while posting and then I had to figure out where the pic codes started and stopped and then cut and paste them to where I wanted them. Anyway, I don't know if that helps but just know I have the same problem :)