Monday, January 19, 2015

Taking up Residence

When I was a kid, we had a large Siamese cat named Fluffy.  Creative I know.  I remember a picture of me, about 3 years old, holding the cat under his front legs, with the rest of him hanging down in front of me, so I know for awhile, he was fairly friendly.  But then it all went wrong.  He disappeared for awhile, and then when he returned he was mean, and hissed a lot.  I am not sure whatever happened to him, but he was followed by a succession of kittens who met their demise in various unpleasant ways until we finally gave up.  A few weeks ago, a stray cat took up residence in our parking garage.  I am totally creeped out by the stray cats here - they stare as only cats can do, and meow pitifully.  Usually some animal lover starts leaving food out for them, so they just lurk, and stare.  Our (and I use that word very loosely) stray cat hides under various cars and cries - it literally sounds like a small child crying, which makes him even more creepy to me, and I'm irrationally afraid he is going to invade my bubble, either in a "slither around my legs" way, or a "pouncing on a mouse" way.  The other morning, we found him on top of Nate's car.  Ick.
I admit, he doesn't look as neglected and ring-wormish as most stray cats here, but still...  

Speaking of things that are taking up residence, guess who has 2 new teeth?  I feel like its early, but the second one popped up today.  

1 comment:

jami v. said...

ugh. never really been a cat fan. (is that bad to say on in the blog world? ) but i'm a little creeped out by him too. and thankful (after reading your other post) that he has taken his home to another location. :)