Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Big Chill

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and the grand finale was Will's Christmas concert at school - a mini musical called The Big Chill.  Last year, he had some stage fright and spent most of the concert crying on my lap - he made it to the stage for the last couple of songs.  But this year, he did awesome- he only cried when the boy next to him accidentally hit him on the head during one of the especially energetic songs.  I brought Finley to school to see the concert, and she was so excited to see him afterwards, and hug him.  She cried for him the rest of the day at home.  


The weather has finally cooled down, and it's perfect for outdoor activities, like dinner on the balcony.  It was even a little chilly:) and the wind blew a couple of things off the tall table.  But it was just hot dogs, so nothing too fancy.  


And since we had the extra table out, Will and Finley took the opportunity to build what we initially thought was a fort, but surprise, it was a zoo.  They piled all the animals and tons of story books, and even coloring supplies - so it really was like a fort for hiding out.  They haul everything out every few days, much to our dismay, but they have so much fun we try to overlook it.  However, in the process of building it right now, the table was dropped on Will's toe, and much drama is ensuing...  Thank goodness the new pharmacy gave us a sample package of kids bandaids - they have already used 5 for this (and Finley's imaginary) injury.


Finley loves to tell us all how much she loves us - I yuv you, or I yuv Will (he gets it the most).  If he responds in kind, she gets really excited - Mommy, Will yuvs me!  Talk about tugging on the heart strings!  And of course, she yuvs Tyse - how could you not, with this little smile?

Happy National Day - December 2, which fell on a Tuesday, so we were supposed to have Tuesday and Wednesday off, then the ministry of ed called Thursday off too, so we had a nice long weekend.  I tried to get Will to wear his national costume again, but he cried and cried and didn't want to wear it.  I finally got him to say that he didn't want his friends to laugh at him, so we went with colors of the flag, and his jingle hat.  His teachers loved the hat alllll day long!  When I picked him up, Miss Maria said, "The bells actually jingle..."  with such a thrilled expression

Merry Christmas - our nativity has a few extra visitors for Baby Jesus:-)
Finally, I realized I can get the pictures from my tablet to my email, and then to the blog (I know, I should have figured that out much sooner), but here are a few favorites.  The buddy bear is still a fixture in baby cribs at our house - love that little guy (the bear and the baby!)  

Finley - luckily she has gotten a little more careful, and now she can say "Be careful".  

Another ark for Will...  good news for us, he said that when he grows up, and gets to be Noah, that he will let us on the ark with the animals.  
To finish off the day, you know that fear you have when your kids are playing by the elevator doors, or racing to them, that they will get their fingers pinched as the doors open or close?  Well, it is a founded (as opposed to unfounded) fear - Finley got her fingers pinched as the doors opened because she and Will were trying to both be first in the doors.  So sad - I hate it when they learn those lessons the hard way.

1 comment:

jami v. said...

i'm dying at the pic of tyson buried by animals. :) hilarious. and i love that will LOVES his animals, and is going to be noah when he grows up. :) ah ... good stuff. :)