Saturday, December 27, 2014

All the posts I meant to write...

As the year draws to a close and I reflect a bit, I realize there are many posts I meant to write, but have forgotten details, or run out of time, so I am going to give the Spark notes version:

"Swedish things that rock"  Heated floors - something you have always heard about, never tried, and wondered if they are really that awesome.  Well, yes, they are.  If I ever live in a cold place again, they will be on my list of must haves in my dream house.

"It's raining, it's pouring"  Will came in around 3 the other night to tell me that his ears hurt.  I vaguely remember this, but since Nate got up to take care of him for a few minutes, I don't remember much else - other than Tyson waking up shortly afterwards.  The next morning, he was still feeling the pain, so I called the doctor, but our pediatrician was out of town, and the other one at the clinic didn't have an appointment until Tuesday (it was Sunday morning).  I made the appointments and hoped for the best.  Will wouldn't eat all day - his neck (throat) hurt, and finally by about 7, we decided we better try to get him in, so Nate took him to the GP that he and I go to.  Finley insisted on going along - she feels it her right to accompany Daddy everywhere:), so I was putting Tyson to bed when Nate called to tell me Will had thrown up in the car.  Ewwww.  They carried on to the doctor, and when they got home, he threw up again in the parking garage.  Ewwwwww.  While Nate was cleaning that up so that we didn't have to walk in it every time we got in our car, I took the kids up to bed.  Will needed to eat a little something so he could take his medicine, but when I went into the kitchen there was water alllll over the floor - the new bottle on our water cooler had a crack and had leaked everywhere. Nate got to mop that up too while I got kids in bed and had a puke bowl by both their beds - Finley likes to have everything Will has:)

"Hey Mom, look what I found!"  Tyson has discovered his toes.  I love it.

"And Mary kept these things..."  Finley has awesome Nursery teachers at church, so on the Friday before Christmas, they acted out the nativity and Finley got to dress up and be Mary.  She took her role very seriously, and would not give up Baby Jesus for anything.  All the other kids wanted to hold him too, so finally they just got out the rest of the babies and everyone got to have their own Baby Jesus.

"I'll be home for Christmas"  Right after we started dating, I had tickets to a Keith Urban (country music) concert, and I invited Nate.  Under no circumstances was he willing to accompany me, which made me seriously question this new relationship.  Now, he hates that I have some country songs on a playlist I made for the kids - he thinks I am corrupting them.  So I was quite surprised when on Christmas Eve, after finishing a couple of last minute errands, we had lunch at Texas Road House and Nate admitted that he was actually enjoying the super twangy country music blaring from their speakers!  After spending last summer here and missing our "America fix", we are really looking forward to June and the good old U.S. of A!!! 

1 comment:

jami v. said...

love this. and i'm still laughing about finley not sharing baby Jesus. :) (and if nate's really in need of some country anything, come our way this summer! :):) )