Before I had kids I had never seen the inside of an emergency room - possibly because the hospital in Preston doesn't really have one. But I had also never had cause to visit one. Finley had her 2nd ER visit last night - she slipped or tripped on the stairs and bit her tongue pretty badly. At first all we could see was blood, then once we got that cleaned up a bit, there were four definite tooth marks from her little teeth. Poor baby!
Of course it was bedtime, and then everyone was crying - Tyson was hungry, Will was scared and sad for Fin, and she was just in pain. And my mom was calling on Skype. I had to call our mobile doctor line to figure out what our insurance would cover, and the crazy just kept multiplying. We finally decided to just have Nate take her instead of dragging everyone out, and he took good care of her - he finally got her to calm down a little by getting out his phone to take pictures and show her the animal games. He even had me get some ice cream all ready for her when she got home, but she couldn't eat it - it hurt too much to eat anything. This morning she broke off another little piece of my heart when she asked me to stay home again - it's so hard to leave, especially when they don't feel well.

1 comment:
Oh, that is so sad! I hope she gets feeling better soon. Poor girl!
Post a Comment