Saturday, November 15, 2014

Why?

Tyson doesn't do the newborn cry anymore...  and I have a solid stack of outgrown clothes, including my favorite little sweater vest/church pants.  He is up to 12.4 pounds and 24.9 inches at 3 months. 
He is talking, smiling and Nate even had him laughing a little one day - it's going by way too quickly.



 These boys love each other like crazy - it's awesome.
This is another one of those expressions that I feel could be transplanted onto his much older self - I originally thought he was going to look exactly like Will, but he has his own little look.  It won't be hard to tell they are brothers though.

What happens when I deny Will the right to photo bomb pictures of Tyson.  I can't believe I caught it with the camera, but then I couldn't stop laughing, which made him cry even more.  On another note, Will still loves singing, and one day I could hear him singing what sounded like Katy Perry's song Roar.  I listened a little more carefully, and sure enough, that was his song of choice.  Not sure where he heard it enough to learn some of the words!  He also loves Maroon 5's Animals song - big surprise.  I know if you listen carefully, the lyrics aren't all that appropriate, but he never hears anything but the refrain, "like animals" - then he proceeds to act out all the different animals he can think of until the song gets over.  "Black Widow Baby" is another favorite, except he just sings "black little baby" over and over.  Too funny.
 Baby sit ups - got to start working that core early!


 Fin still loves him like crazy too, and is sort of getting better at being careful at loving him.


 My little von Trapp:)  Calista had her hair all braided one afternoon - it was pretty funny.  I have been back at school for two weeks now, and in the morning, Finley says, "You stay home today."  It breaks my heart, but mostly the transition back to work has been okay.  We are coming up on a long weekend for Thanksgiving, and then almost a whole week off for UAE National Day, then a couple of weeks for Christmas.  And somehow, (I know it's a blessing) it doesn't seem like the afternoons are speeding by, and they don't seem totally rushed every day.
I was worried for awhile about Finley's speech, but she has come so far in the last few months, and I love hearing her put sentences together and show off her new words.  Will likes to point out when she learns a new one too.  But I am getting tired of her favorite sentence, "Will hit me", with an adorably annoying whine/emphasis on hit.  Sometimes its true, sometimes not, but she likes to say it multiple times each day, so Will can come back with his favorite thing to say, "Finley hit me!"  Also sometimes true, sometimes not.  And finally, guess who has reached the Why stage?  Yep, here we are again and it's cute and funny, but gets old pretty fast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little baby! Three is crazy fun isn't it! I understand the why stage. I sometimes think I am going to go a little crazy if I hear that word again, but we manage to make it through alive each day! :)

jami v. said...

i love these adorable kids of yours! and i LOVE the pic of tyson with the drool on his belly. love. love. love.