Another Halloween has come and gone, and I have gotten a bit more mileage out of all our costumes. We got invited to a Pirates and Princesses birthday party the week before Halloween and I realized Finley does not own a princess dress. Not that she cares, but I felt a little like I had failed her somehow. But then I remembered the Spanish dancing dress, and so she got to be the Pirate's Princess:) And she wore her patch for most of the party. I think she wasn't quite sure how to get it off...
It was such a cute party - they walked the plank, had a Cinderella shoe matching relay, did a ring toss with pirate hooks, and pinned a kiss on a frog. Then they decorated sugar cookies - Finley literally ate half a bowl of frosting - she would put some on her cookie, then lick the knife, then put some more on the cookie, then lick the knife. Luckily none of the other kids were sharing her bowl of frosting...
That night we had our ward Halloween party, so I thought we would try out the ladybug costume from a couple of years ago that she never actually wore - the tights totally fit, but the ladybug part was a little short on her body. She loved it though and had to wear it.
Both kids got a pumpkin this year, and we are getting closer to the actual thing - one of them actually got carved thanks to Nate... we had a witch, with a cute hat courtesy of my mom from years ago, and a ghost. Both kids are kind of obsessed with ghosts - they love putting a blanket over their heads and chasing each other around ooooooohhhhhing. Then they get freaked out and think every noise they hear is an actual ghost. Will was kind of scared of the ghost pumpkin - he likes to get himself all worked up, so we had to remind him that it was really just a pumpkin...
Fall Parade day at school - I got out Finley's ballerina skirt again - still so cute, and we tried little buns in her hair - also sooo cute.
Will wanted to be Batman this year, which worked out great since we had the shirt we bought a couple of summers ago and it almost fits, and the opposite side of the cape he used last year to be Superman! Plus a beanie and some construction paper ears - not as fancy as the costumes with fake muscles and utility belts, but he didn't seem to care.
Our friend at church organized a "trunk or treat" activity at the park in her neighborhood, which saved us from having to travel somewhere to go trick or treating. Quick and easy, all friends we knew, and then some games in the park afterwards, and a little bike riding.
We didn't have time for dinner before we left (aka Meridee didn't figure anything out or cook anything) so we stopped at Wendy's on the way. Finley wore a pair the Chinese pajamas Nate brought her last year, with new buns - still loving them..., and Tyson got to wear Will's skeleton costume. I waited until the very last minute to get him dressed since he has started puking like crazy, but it didn't work - he puked all over both of us before I even got down 3 stairs. When I got in the car, I realized my hair was crunchy with dried puke. Gross. His little costume was drenched before the night was through - poor kid. He might have reflux like Fin.
You will also notice the difference in car deco between ours and the others... aka Meridee just didn't have it in her.
My sweet boys:)
On the way to the park, Finley wanted an apple- fortunately there was a bobbing for apples game, and littles could just grab one without actually bobbing.
The mummy wrapping was a favorite - this is Allison and Bode - she did a pretty stellar job, but Bode kept trying to watch and tearing his wrapping.
Finley was tearing it up around the park on her bike:)
And Tyson spent most of the night with our friend Carey and her girls - and of course he didn't puke on them once.
2 comments:
so fun!! and i loved her hair in buns too!! :)
So it's been awhile since I've been on the blog and apparently you've had a BABY!!! HOW DID I MISS THAT! Well, congrats I'm so happy for you and sweet little Tyson. He is adorable just like the other 2.
We moved in September just to the other side of Lehi. We were getting a little squished in our other house. So far its been a good move for us.
I miss talking to you but love the blog! Glad to see you are doing well and traveling :).
Love ya,
Kristin
Post a Comment