Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"What you think it be?"

 If you guessedDaddy introducing donut holes, you'd be correct...
 If you guessed zoo enclosure for whatever animal he is pretending to be at the moment, you'd be right.
 If you guessed the fringe on our rug is grass for the animals, you'd be right.
 If you guessed dinosaur arms, you'd be right.
 And finally, if you think this "be" Will doing his elephant walk, you'd be right:)
I have to record some of Will's words before he corrects all their cuteness.  I think he may have already changed his "be" to "is" - at least he had when he asked me something yesterday.  A couple of other favorites - our floors are "slippe-ly" when he is wearing socks. Today, I stayed home from school with Finley - she was up a lot of the night with a bad cough.  Then about halfway through Will's school day, the nurse called and said Will had a fever and was coughing a lot so I had to come and get him.  When I got there, he was resting on one of the cots, almost asleep, with his arms around the "patekiller" book.  He really wanted to bring it home, but I reminded him that we have our very own copy of The Hungry Caterpillar.  Before we left, his fever was high enough that he can't go to school tomorrow, so that brings his total of sick days to 4 in the last 6 school days.  I hate having to keep him home because I know he's got to be missing fun stuff at school, but I also don't want to be the mom who infects all the other kids by sending her germy child to class.  I hope the antiobiotics he is on for the ear infection he developed over the weekend will help deal with his fever and cough, and that the breathing treatments that are recommended for both kids will help everyone feel better and sleep longer! 

2 comments:

jami v. said...

Love it!

Megan said...

I love that Will is still doing the elephant walk!