Driving to school is one of our least favorite things about living in our new apartment. I'm sure we aren't alone in rushing to get out of the house, and often leaving 5-10 minutes later than is ideal. Traffic laws in Dubai also seem to be somewhat negotiable, depending on who (you think) you are, so as we wait at the last traffic light to get to school, we have seen some pretty crazy stuff, like the car who u-turned from the wrong lane in front of me one morning, or the other car who made a right turn from the inside lane in front of a bus - not sure how to fully describe that one, but it was foolish to say the least, and thank goodness the bus driver was paying attention and didn't smash the other car as he would have deserved.
Nate is much more aggressive behind the wheel than I am, and tries to remind other drivers of their idiocy with the horn. This morning, there was a small incident of a parent trying to turn into the school from the wrong lane, cutting us off, and Nate didn't want to let him in, but the guy was going whether we stopped or not. I was pretty emphatic as I told Nate (a couple of times) not to hit the other car, and Will piped up from the back, "Don't talk to him like that, Mommy." As I got him out of the car, I told him I was sorry I didn't speak nicely to Daddy, and he said, "Just tell Daddy you are sorry." I'm pleased to know that all those times we have given him the same admonition have been heard, now we await the application of said admonition!
Nate is much more aggressive behind the wheel than I am, and tries to remind other drivers of their idiocy with the horn. This morning, there was a small incident of a parent trying to turn into the school from the wrong lane, cutting us off, and Nate didn't want to let him in, but the guy was going whether we stopped or not. I was pretty emphatic as I told Nate (a couple of times) not to hit the other car, and Will piped up from the back, "Don't talk to him like that, Mommy." As I got him out of the car, I told him I was sorry I didn't speak nicely to Daddy, and he said, "Just tell Daddy you are sorry." I'm pleased to know that all those times we have given him the same admonition have been heard, now we await the application of said admonition!
No comments:
Post a Comment