
As Will's vocabulary grows and his words become clearer, there are already words I miss - oo-ee-ee used to be elephant, and ojen used to be orange, but now both of those words are clearly enunciated. He used to ask to sit on Mommy's Yap, but now he just climbs up, occasionally saying he is coming to my lap.
Third time will hopefully be the charm on this one - I have had to come back and add things to this post because I forgot them the first time around. My inspiration for the post is the one I forgot too! Recent conversations with Will:
Nate: Would you like a cookie? Will: Yessir!
Nate: Do you want to come to the basketball game with me?
Will: Yessir!
I don't know where he picked up the yes sir thing, but it's pretty hilarious to me!

If he doesn't get to "hold baby sister" at least 5 times a day, his day isn't complete, and he is equally happy to lay by her on the couch. I know one of these days he will start calling her Finley, but for now, Baby Sister suffices and is pretty cute. I love how he says, "want to hold him". He is having pronoun issues - when we ask if he wants to "come with me" somewhere, he says, "yes, come with me".

He likes to be in the kitchen whenever Nate or I are cooking, and he always wants to "see", or if I am baking, to "have some"? Yesterday, he wanted beans, so he found some in the pantry, and found a pan of sorts and a spoon and started "cooking". I hope this means that seeing Nate work in the kitchen often will help him overcome some stereotypes and learn to be a great chef like his Daddy.

With his new big boy bed, he has gained a lot of freedom, some we like, some not so much. But at bedtime, he is learning to kneel down to say prayers, and sometimes even repeats what we are saying, and he always wants Mom or Dad to "sleep by us" (I guess the "us" is him and all the animals). The best is when I lay down by him and he wraps his arms around my neck and puts his face up next to mine. He loves be sung to, and has some favorite songs too - but the other afternoon, I was singing to him and Finley, and he sang the words of the lullaby right along with me. And last night, he told Nate he wants to go see the temple - which threw Nate for a minute, until I told him that sometimes we sing "I Love to See the Temple."

And with the new bed, naptimes, especially on weekends, are hard to stick to so sometimes by dinnertime, he is all tuckered out. This was the second time he literally fell asleep over his dinner, but both times he stuck it out and kept putting food into his mouth even with his eyes closed. He went to several basketball games with Nate over the weekend, and made his Daddy proud by actually watching some of the games, and mimicking Nate as he called out some coaching instructions to one of the players. Especially as I see Will with Finley, I know that he is no longer my baby, but a smart, funny little boy and I love to see him and talk to him, but am sad to leave behind so many of his cute baby-isms.
4 comments:
it is totally bitter sweet to watch them grow up. and having a new baby somehow does it so much faster than anything else. you'll be glad you've written all these cute things down ... and it makes me feel the urge to write down some of my own kids' sayings.
awesome post ... awesome pictures ... he's so very cute! :)
Hallie says "hold you" when she wants to be held, and Mark keeps trying to correct her, but I think it is so cute, I want it to last =)
Love the dinner pic, so cute!
I am experiencing the same thing with Logan right now. It's so sad and yet so fun to see them change from a baby into a little boy!
Beckett turned 2 yesterday and just told me, "Nigh Nigh Mama." Earlier tonight I helped Hamilton write his name on his preschool Valentines.
Life moves so fast.
Hooray for keeping track of the cuteness, the closest we'll get to preserving these little guys.
Glad he's being such a good big brother!
Post a Comment