Friday, February 17, 2012

Dream a Little Dream

When Will wakes up, I ask him if he had good dreams, and until now, it has been a rhetorical question. Last night, I got a little glimpse into the sleeping mind of a two year old who loves animals. Around 4 am, I felt something pushing on my back, and then heard Will climb up into bed with me. Nate is out of town, so I was sort of happy for the company, except for the fact that it meant he was awake. He started telling me about a doggy out in the front room with a treat, and wanted me to come and see it. After a quick trek to make sure there wasn't anything actually out there (it never hurts to check when you are home alone), he crawled back in bed with me and shared my pillow so he could "sleep by us".

Shortly after this, Finley woke up hungry, so we all bonded for a few minutes while she ate, then I got both kids back in their own beds, but I could hear Will still talking. I finally drifted off again, but lo and behold, after about 45 minutes, guess who came wandering back in? I honestly don't know how the kid survives some days with the amount of sleep he doesn't get. It took another 3o minutes or so for him to finally stop playing with my hair and touching my face and turning himself around and around before he finally fell asleep. And the first thing he did when he woke up was to go hunting for the "Doggy, Doggy, where are you?" Apparently animals dominate his subconcious too.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Don't you love how the baby sleeps better than the toddler? We had a couple nights like that right after Ryan was born. I love it when Logan tells me about his dreams, but he usually only tells me when he has nightmares about the "flag and the airplane" that are going to get him. Who knew a flag could be so scary?