Friday, May 20, 2011

Comic Relief

It is fitting that this post should follow my mother's day musings. Today, I learned the hard way just how fast Will can run. We've all seen that parent chasing her child to the front of the chapel during Sacrament meeting - today I was the laughingstock of our branch as I made a lap of the entire place trying to catch Will. I'm sure my skill of blushing was also demonstrated.

6 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Once, when we lived over by our old Oakwood Elementary, one of my kids escaped the house naked, and made a run for the school grounds. Of course, he had to run past all of the windows, with his pregnant and slow mother chasing him! Only, now that he's all grown up, I wish I would have just pulled out the video camera and let him run. It could have been good for blackmail purposes!

jami v. said...

sweet.

kate said...

As a mom of a runner, I gotta be honest...it gets worse. At least he's hopefully afraid of strangers? Mine's not. Good luck...but mostly thanks for a very humorous image :). Go will! Or maybe he was Cooper in that moment?

Jocie said...

I can totally picture it =) I'm sure the ward was thankful---things like that make church way more interesting (if it isn't your own kid =))

Lauri said...

Your embarrassment is everyone else's entertainment. Way to go Will

Jason and Kristin said...

That is the funniest thing! You and motherhood go together perfectly!!!!