I don't have the picture posting in me today, so I hope I can entertain you with my anecdotes. Nate has been really on the ball with e-mail updates, so I feel like I haven't shared much info lately, but as he said in one recently, we are starting to get into a routine, so it feels like there isn't much to share. However, I will attempt:) Will has his first molar, and last night we had a breakthrough with the teeth brushing - I bought him some toothpaste, and that allows me to get the brush into his mouth. On a sadder note, the charges in Nate's and my electric toothbrushes has finally died. We burned out our charger attempting to use it with the higher voltage here so we are back to old school dental care.
I admit that I am a bit of a blog stalker - I like to follow the lives of people I am slightly acquainted with and I use the blog lists of friends to choose my victims. In that vein, I just installed a device to watch the watchers of my blog - partially just to receive validation that people do care when I post!
We went to the beach last weekend with some friends from church, and saw our first real live camels! Apparently, the guy parades his camels up and down the beach, offering rides for a fee. We didn't take advantage of more than the opportunity than to photograph them, but look forward to the cultural experience. Will thought they were cool - on their second walk-by, he crawled right after them and with his speed, I thought he might catch them!
We are still in a holding pattern on our visas, and our car, which means no internet at home yet. Our car was scheduled to arrive on the 1st, but we haven't heard anything yet, so are hoping that the ship didn't sink... And the Ministry has our paperwork for visas, but are requesting further documentation for Nate, so who knows when we will get those. If our extension on our 30 day tourist visas expire, we will get to do a "visa run" to Oman, the next country over so we can get new extensions for our visas. And since we don't have our car yet, we are still dependent on friends from church for rides to and from, which is tough on a day like last Friday when Will had pooped through his first set of clothes within the first 15 minutes, and peed through the second set before the end of Sunday School. Nate and I both were wearing a little of it as well - gross I know, and we were going to some friends house for dinner right after. We had to ask them to stop at our apartment on the way to their villa so we could all change, and restock the diaper supply.
I'm sure there are more stories that could entertain, and enlighten about our experiences both foreign (visa runs) and domestic (diaper dramas) but I will save more for another day. Cross your fingers for us that the car is still above the waterline...
3 comments:
Well, it looks like even exotic locals still manage to feature not-so-exotic diaper moments.
Hope your visas get completed before an extra trip is necessary...and thinking good, above-water thoughts for your car.
sidenote: I've kind of wanted to put one of those "feeds" on my blog, but haven't gotten one to work..what did you use?
When you say Ministry all I can think of is Harry Potter's Ministry of Magic :). Oh, the woes of the blown out diapers! I feel your pain on that one!
i love hearing all the news ... even if it is dirty diapers :) and visas and cars that are m.i.a. :)
xoxox
Post a Comment