Our car is in the country, and we have paid the accompanying fees (needless to say we are not overly pleased that the shipping company in the U.S. used a different one than they originally planned to, and our fees here were 4 times what we were quoted!!!!). We think it will be brought to the school sometime this week, and when my visa comes in - fingers crossed for early next week, we can start driving it! But if it is at school, we can start unloading some of the stuff we crammed in there that we have been anxiously awaiting.
Tomorrow - I think - I go for bloodwork and chest x-ray, to make sure I don't have tuberculosis or AIDS, then after I pass those tests, I will get my residence visa and labor card and the Moffetts can get internet, bank accounts - well I can at least if I decide I want to have my own. I am collecting pictures of Will and his adventures in toddlerhood for my next post - and I have high hopes that I can do it in the comfort of my own apartment!! Thanks for checking in on us - I am loving my little tracker. Sadly though, you can see how often I check in to see how often everyone else is checking in. I think there is a little homesickness there...
8 comments:
I am so happy that your car is there, I can't believe that the fees were so much! I hope you get your own internet soon too! And we are all homesick for you as well! I can't wait to see pics of Will, is he walking around and everything? Crazy! We miss you guys!
Progress is good. Missing home is not. Looking forward to Will updates and pics. :)
Yeah! the car finally arrived:) It seems so long since you left it in CA.
It will feel good to the rest of your belongings and to finally have the internet at your fingertips again.
We think of you often and enjoy keep track of you guys via the blog!
Yay for a car and soon the internet! Oh, the things we take for granted! Can't wait to see more pictures of Will!
At some point I will be checking your blog and not saying to myself--"I still can't believe she lives half way around the world!" Can't wait for pics of cute Will. :o)
i'm glad your car isn't at the bottom of the ocean, being used by fish -- that it's in the country instead. :) i'm sorry you're a little homesick. if it makes you feel any better, i had a dream the other night that my family took a boatride (random, i know) and ended up there. we were ooh-ing and ah-ing over all the buildings (the ones you've posted here), and then i tried to get into your school to see you -- but woke up before. bummer. just know i'm thinking about you - and obviously my subconscious is planning on visiting! :) xoxoxo
I love your blog! We miss you too!
I'm thinking there is a way to change your tracker so that your own tracking doesn't show up. Hmmm, if I figure it out I'll let you know. Good luck on not having Aids or TB hehe.
Post a Comment