Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mourning Selfishly

His Royal Highness (no I am not making this up) Shaikh Saqr Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, the ruler of one of the other Emirates died yesterday. There is a 7 day mourning period, which takes place on different levels in the various Emirates. In Dubai, the customs office has decided to close early today, which means we can't pick up our car. Nate and I are in mourning - we were so excited to have the freedom of our own wheels again! :( On the positive side, because our little trick-or-treating activity is private, we don't have to cancel it, unlike all the Halloween festivities planned around campus today.

3 comments:

the5firds said...

That is reason to mourn. Happy Halloween!

Jason and Kristin said...

You can not catch a break with that car! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

farmgirl said...

You just can't catch a break with that car!!
Good Luck on getting some wheels soon. :o)