With his love of animals, it was no surprise that when we saw face painters at the mall one day, Will wanted to have his face painted like a tiger. We didn't take time that day, but had an opportunity at a birthday party a few weeks later, and his excitement had not waned. Until he saw his reflection with the transformation... he was pretty scared of himself, and wanted to wash it off immediately. I wouldn't let him - partly because I didn't want the girl who did the artwork to be sad, but also because I needed this picture. I had to threaten withholding his party favor of playdough to get it, but his expression says it all. Definitely a keeper - the pic, and the kid:).
After much discussion, and some persuasion of the officials, we signed Will and Finley up for Tball. I really wasn't sure how it would go, but I kind of thought Finley might like it more than Will. Boy, was I wrong. At her first practice, she spent about 5 minutes with the coach before I realized she was out there crying - strange man trying to tell her what to do and how to stand. Guess I should be glad she wasn't too comfortable. Will has taken to it really well though - he really likes it, and despite some attention lapses in the field, and quick runs from the dugout for snacks between innings, he is having a good time.
Will, front right - fielding a ball.
HIs first "at bat".
Hanging in the dugout - love this pic so much.
Big hit!
Finley's first "at bat". Poor Tyson - he likes watching the games, but he really wants in on the fun.
Good thing that old saying "Don't stand too close, you'll go blind" isn't really true. It isn't right?
Game two - Daddy has basketball practice during most of their practices, but Finley likes having him out there with her, (can also be read as "refuses to go on the field without him". I have run a few bases with her...
A last minute doctor's appointment gave us a few extra minutes, so I got all spontaneous and stopped at the beach on our way. It was a gorgeous day, and even the few minutes with our toes in the sand, listening to the waves was amazing. Then Finley had to go potty.
Give this kid a bucket and some sand, and he is entertained for hours. It has the added benefit of keeping me busy for hours afterwards cleaning sand out of his hair, ears, and every imaginable crease.
Waiting to go to her first real "party" - A Christmas party out on the Palm. She was so excited!
And had a blast playing the parachute game, decorating a gingerbread cookie, waiting to see Santa (then not talking to him or sitting on his lap), and watching other kids take camel rides. Yep - it was quite a party.
After much discussion, and some persuasion of the officials, we signed Will and Finley up for Tball. I really wasn't sure how it would go, but I kind of thought Finley might like it more than Will. Boy, was I wrong. At her first practice, she spent about 5 minutes with the coach before I realized she was out there crying - strange man trying to tell her what to do and how to stand. Guess I should be glad she wasn't too comfortable. Will has taken to it really well though - he really likes it, and despite some attention lapses in the field, and quick runs from the dugout for snacks between innings, he is having a good time.
Will, front right - fielding a ball.
HIs first "at bat".
Hanging in the dugout - love this pic so much.
Big hit!
Finley's first "at bat". Poor Tyson - he likes watching the games, but he really wants in on the fun.
Good thing that old saying "Don't stand too close, you'll go blind" isn't really true. It isn't right?
Game two - Daddy has basketball practice during most of their practices, but Finley likes having him out there with her, (can also be read as "refuses to go on the field without him". I have run a few bases with her...
A last minute doctor's appointment gave us a few extra minutes, so I got all spontaneous and stopped at the beach on our way. It was a gorgeous day, and even the few minutes with our toes in the sand, listening to the waves was amazing. Then Finley had to go potty.
Give this kid a bucket and some sand, and he is entertained for hours. It has the added benefit of keeping me busy for hours afterwards cleaning sand out of his hair, ears, and every imaginable crease.
Waiting to go to her first real "party" - A Christmas party out on the Palm. She was so excited!
And had a blast playing the parachute game, decorating a gingerbread cookie, waiting to see Santa (then not talking to him or sitting on his lap), and watching other kids take camel rides. Yep - it was quite a party.














No comments:
Post a Comment