Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Will's Sports Day

My free periods worked out perfectly this year, and I got to spend a couple of hours with Will at his Sports Day.  It's good and bad - he does fine when I'm not there, (I've observed from afar), but he loves it when I am there.  However it also tends to make him a bit clingy.  But he mostly had a great time doing the cup race to fill the bucket with water.
He liked the "musical hula hoops" game, and didn't face any drama there - he made it into a hoop every time.

Hurdles were his favorite - but they looked exhausting to me.  They just kept going through their team until the music came on to tell them to "move it move it".  I think he ran the hurdles at least ten times, but he seemed to like it every time.
This is one of those faces he pulls sometimes, that kind of means, I love that you are watching me, but stop looking at me!  I think.
Nate was able to come over just in time for the "steal the fox's tail" game.  Sounds like it is right up Will's alley, but low blood sugar caused a major meltdown.  He refused to wear the tail, or chase anyone and just hung on me and cried.  It was actually perfect timing, because I had to get back to class, so then Nate got to help him master his emotions and start to have fun.  A snack break with a couple of granola bars and 2 juice boxes also helped.


His class finished in the gym with some obstacle courses.  It reminds me of Field day that we always looked forward to as one of the greatest days of the year in Elementary school - but for the life of me I can't remember anything we actually did.  I'm sure there was kickball - that was the only sport-y type thing I was any good at.  Well, I perfected some 4 square bounces there for awhile too.  That counts right?  Anyhow, this isn't about me:)  Will had fun, and we are still so happy with the great experiences he is having in school.  This week he got to go on a field trip to the Bacio gelato factory to see how they make their delicious gelato - they have a store right across from our school that we frequent as often as we can.  Happy February!

No comments: